Dress code for MDR

Jo and Rob

We are definitely dressing up for the formal nights but my husband thinks he needs to wear a suit in the MDR on the other evenings. (He doesn't want to feel underdressed) I've told him a collared shirt will do (no need for tie and jacket) Could someone just reassure me that this is the case?

Right off the princess website: all the other nights, not formal, are just smart casual. A pair of Kacki pants and a nice short sleeved shirt (or long) is just fine.

Here it is off the website as suggested wear:

Smart Casual

Passenger attire should be in keeping with what they would wear to a nice restaurant at home.

•Skirts/dresses, slacks, and sweaters for ladies

•Pants and open-neck shirts for men

Inappropriate dinner wear such as pool or beach attire, shorts, ball caps and casual jeans (with fraying and/or holes) are not permitted in the dining rooms. Shoes must be worn.

And a note to the above, Jeans are acceptable if they are the dress jeans. They are more like denim slacks and those are fine too.

We are definitely dressing up for the formal nights but my husband thinks he needs to wear a suit in the MDR on the other evenings. (He doesn't want to feel underdressed) I've told him a collared shirt will do (no need for tie and jacket) Could someone just reassure me that this is the case?

Absolutely not. The Princess Cruise Answer section has MDR requirements Click on "precruise check-list", then "clothing recommendations".

"Smart Casual" defines dress attire for the MDR in the non-formal evenings. Even casual jeans are acceptable. Shorts and tee shirts are okay for breakfast and lunch.

http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/bring.jsp

He will be dressed fine without a suit, in fact most will be in polo type shirts or sport shirts and slacks.

Nita

Archived