Carnival brides and/or grooms

Travelwrite

I havent actually gotten married yet... we are actually getting married on Carnival on June 25, 05. It will be a third wedding for both of us but we are both widow/widower and we are getting married with a bunch of our widow friends from our widow group...

I havent gotten much info but i guess as the time gets closer i will???

Christi

:)

I'm a travel writer for a newspaper in Bermuda and I'm looking to chat with former Brides or Grooms from the Weddings at Sea on Carnival. Anyone interested in telling me their experiences please let me know!

Thanks!:mad:

We were married on the Carnival Victory on Dec. 10, 2004. We booked our cruise through our local travel agent and the wedding through the Carnival wedding department. The cost was an additional $750.00 for the ceremony. We thought we were getting married in a chapel. On Carnival's web-site, it shows a picture of a beautiful chapel with the caption underneath that reads "on-board chapel" under shipboard weddings. It does not say anywhere on their web-site that the chapel is only available on certain ships. We wanted to get married in a church setting. It was the reason we decided to get married on board. It was the reason instead of going very casual that I bought the dress, slip, veil, and shoes I did. Almost $1000.00 with alterations. It was the reason we rented tuxes and the reason my maid of honor bought the dress and shoes she did. On the second night of the cruise we started looking for the chapel. We met with our wedding coordinator, Sonia and asked her where it was. That's when we found out that there was no chapel on board and only available on certain ships. We told her about the web-site so, she had the internet manager come down and pull up the web-site. She said while she could see where it was deceiving, there was nothing more she could do at this point. So, we paid $750.00 to get married in a bar! The ceremony consisted of a bouquet, boutineer, an 8-inch cake, champagne, a recording of the wedding march, the minister, 2 pillars with flowers on them and a white runner set up in front of a piano with a white sheet thrown over it. You can see the bottom half of the piano and the music stands in the background in the ceremony pictures. It wasn't even a private ceremony. They put up a sign outside the doors that read, "Shh, wedding in progress" People were wondering through and in and out and some even sat down with drinks and smoked during the ceremony! If we had wanted to get married in a bar, we could have done that at home for free! Carnival's web-site is very specific about everything. It tells you what you can and can't wear in the dining rooms, about tipping, etc... Even what ships and in which rooms have blowdryers and robes in them. So, we knew we didn't have to pack a blowdryer or robes, but not that there was a chapel on board?! That's crazy!! There was a photographer. We asked him several times about the different packages available and meeting with him to pick out poses, etc.. He kept saying he would call us the next day to go over eveything. When we met with him the next day the package was already done. There was 80 or 90 8x10's and 40 4x6's. (who wants that many 8x10's of anything?!) The cost was $2500.00 which included the copyright cd and a 25% discount from Carnival if we bought the complete package. That was more then we paid for the entire cruise! We asked him why we didin't get to pick out any poses or sizes and he told us this was the pacakage he had to do for Carnival. He had no choice. We ended up getting very few pictures and could not buy the copyright cd unless we bought the complete package. We feel we were ripped-off! No, we know we were ripped-off! This was all a big scam! It was a very expensive lesson! The dissapointment was the worst thing!

Hello There!!!

I got married on the Carnival Legend on 12/31/03. It was my sixth cruise on Carnival and I probably will never have another experience like it again!!! It was a third marriage for both of us...how embarrassing...so I didn't want to make a big deal out of it with friends and family who have already experienced our last two. But I did want a big deal for my husband and myself. We couldn't have come up with a better idea. I would love to share my experience with you if you are still looking for stories.

Archived