Crasiest or Dumbest things you have heard people complain about

spyder1

Had a lady complain to me and everyone around us that the ship was moving too much and that in the 15 plus cruises she'd been on she had never felt a ship move this much...We happened to be docked & I & others commented that we couldn't feel the ship moving at all...That's when the bartender leaned over to me to let me know she was on her 6th drink of the day so far.:eek:

• Haha 1

There's no such thing as bad bacon. :D

you are so right?:) you got bacon? life is good. Westerdam, Nov 09 I was at the Lido the first morning enjoying a quiet breakfast before DH and kids woke up. My morning ritual. One woman started pointing at the bacon and complained, I want it more crispy. Crispy, crispy. The server went through the batch and held each one up for her inspection/approval. I was next in line and then I had to giggle out loud when she left. he giggled too. next morning I went back for bkft and I was ordering something else and he said, you want that crispy? I was confused at first then I remembered he was the same server as yesterday with that complaining bacon woman. We both just LOL. so we have that same little joke going on every morning. he and I, our own little secret. sometimes I would order pancakes and say, more crispy please and we'd LOL again. Makes my morning.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

you are so right?:) you got bacon? life is good. Westerdam, Nov 09 I was at the Lido the first morning enjoying a quiet breakfast before DH and kids woke up. My morning ritual. One woman started pointing at the bacon and complained, I want it more crispy. Crispy, crispy. The server went through the batch and held each one up for her inspection/approval. I was next in line and then I had to giggle out loud when she left. he giggled too. next morning I went back for bkft and I was ordering something else and he said, you want that crispy? I was confused at first then I remembered he was the same server as yesterday with that complaining bacon woman. We both just LOL. so we have that same little joke going on every morning. he and I, our own little secret. sometimes I would order pancakes and say, more crispy please and we'd LOL again. Makes my morning.

On one of our cruises on the Norwegian Pearl, a lady stood up during a question/answer session with the captain and chef and complained about the "cremated" (pronounced cre-mah-ted) bacon. The chef replied that since that was the way most people preferred their bacon, they tried to keep it on the crisp side.

On my first cruise, waiting to go to port we had to wait 20 minutes as another ship was docking on the same pier. No big deal - we were on a cruise, might as well have already been on "island time". We get to debark, and there is a happy photographer waiting at the end of the dock to take everyone's photo. The guy behind us was just rude, complaining about the time, and insulting the photographers. I turned around and said, "It's okay, calm down, we will get through soon." He then made a nasty comment back to me. My dear FIL made sure we all stopped right in front of him and took a nice photograph in the middle of the exit.

It's the photographers job, and they are everywhere - cheese it up & move on, you are not charged per smile. If you really object, just say no thanks & keep moving. It's really not that big of a deal to ruin ones day over... <my 2 cents worth, no change required...>

• Like 1

On the Pisa/Tuscany shore excursion off the NCL Jade, our bus driver decided to take his own route rather than the usual one. We drove through a very tight little medieval village where all the residents came out to look at our bus, then into the rolling hills of Tuscany on zigzagging one-lane roads. It was quite picturesque, although the driver was having to make 5 or 6 point turns to get around hairpin corners. After a while, there was an odor from the brakes in the bus and one lady got up and demanded to be let off the bus. Now, let me say, we were in NO DANGER WHATSOEVER - worst case scenario, the bus might have rolled downhill into a field, but she demanded to be let off! I have no idea what she thought she was going to do - there are NO taxis in Tuscany!

So, the woman's family and our tour guide got out and started walking the 5 miles to the winery (all uphill) and the tour bus proceeded around the corner and then stopped to wait on her. And we waited and waited. Meanwhile, the tour guide called the winery where we were to have lunch and they must have told her the tour bus would not make the last hairpin turn because it was too long, so they sent the local school bus for us with a STUDENT DRIVER! LOL!

By this time an hour had elapsed and the lady and her family had caught up to the tour bus. She refused to get on the school bus and her family reluctantly stayed with her as did the guide, but everyone else, very frustrated about having to wait due to this lady, eagerly climbed aboard the school bus to go to the winery. The tour bus turned around and the lady and her family and the guide got on the tour bus to take the long route around to the winery. (Note, the tour bus had to travel over the same roads that made the brakes smell in the first place - so if she was really scared, why would she want to ride in the tour bus on that same route?)

The school bus was considerably smaller than the tour bus, so all the seats were taken and most of the men had to stand, but we all fit onboard. The driver must have fancied himself in the Monte Carlo Grand Prix because we made it to the winery, which should have been a 15 minute drive in about 2 minutes with much honking (beepa - beepa) at every turn and a lot of cars backing up to get out of our way! Talk about quick service! Everyone was so frustrated about the lady who got off the bus and had wasted at least 60 minutes of our time, we were all determined to have fun and make the most of our experience at the winery! So we went on inside and started eating the fantastic meal and drinking the wonderful wine - and lots of it - knowning the lady who had caused us the big delay was still stuck on the tour bus! LOL!

About 45 minutes later, the tour bus made it to the winery. The woman who had gotten off kept trying to justify wasting everyone's time. We all just kind of ignored her and kept drinking the wonderful wine and enjoyed the beautiful winery and gardens.

The ride back to the ship, our tour bus was a bit later than planned, but not late in terms of when the gangway was to go up. Everyone was tipsy, so the man behind the bus driver started backseat driving saying "Beepa-beepa!" at every turn and then "Scusi, scusi!" as we caused some other vehicle to back up and get over to allow us to pass. The bus driver had a great sense of humor, so he started honking whenever the man said "Beepa-beepa." LOL! A car cut us off on the entrance to the freeway and he yelled "Eh...stupido!" After that we all started singing Dean Martin songs..."That's Amore" and "Volare."

The guide said, "Eh...you a not gonna forget this tour, eh??" LOL! We gave her and the bus driver a big tip.

So although the woman complained, she did not manage to ruin the day for the rest of us.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

The stupidiest complaint i ever overheard was the father of a family complaing to the rest of his table whilst eating Calamari, that the Kitchens are not washing their utensiels between dealing with different food, as his onion rings taste of fish.

This was whilst dunking exquisite calamari into tomato ketchup.

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

I was on a Mediterranean cruise with my Mom and on the first day we met fellow Finns, an elderly couple.

I thought it would be polite to acknowledge that we were from the same country and greeted them in Finnish. The husband gave me a scowling look and the wife answered: "Isn't this just terrible, stupid muster drill made me freeze!!!" We were in Rome and it was 85 F outside.

I didn't greet them after that. :rolleyes:

I was on a Mediterranean cruise with my Mom and on the first day we met fellow Finns, an elderly couple.

I thought it would be polite to acknowledge that we were from the same country and greeted them in Finnish. The husband gave me a scowling look and the wife answered: "Isn't this just terrible, stupid muster drill made me freeze!!!" We were in Rome and it was 85 F outside.

I didn't greet them after that. :rolleyes:

The gentleman in question MAY have had a point.

Years ago in England my brother was at Cranwall, [RAF officers training collage]. One hot sommers night Mike told me, all the cadets were sweating in bed, except THE one from Pakistan, he it seems was shivering under five blankets.:D

john

The gentleman in question MAY have had a point.

Years ago in England my brother was at Cranwall, [RAF officers training collage]. One hot sommers night Mike told me, all the cadets were sweating in bed, except THE one from Pakistan, he it seems was shivering under five blankets.:D

john

The lady in question was from a country that experiences temperatures like that once in every 70 years :D

Edited by Sinppu

• 1 month later...

Not on a cruise, but this happened this morning. We spent last night here at a hotel next to LAX before our flight this evening to Sydney to start our cruise. We were at breakfast and two couples sat at the next table. Nothing was right and commands and demands flew. But what had me laughing out loud was one man's comment as he drank his coffee. "The sugar here isn't as sweet as yesterday' hotel."

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

On a Princess Cruise there was a couple that was highly recognizable by there style of dress and accent, even though they said they were from So.Cal. Anyway, they made themselves known by always complaining about everything. One did not have to see them to know who was complaining in a loud voice. Near the end of the Cruise they were the last couple to be seated at our table, Anytime Dining, a table for 8. We had eaten with a few of the folks before and someone had seen this couple coming in and said I hope they are not at this table, oh well. We all look at each other as they sit down. Then everything was fine for the six of us, but for them nothing was correct. After Appetisers and Soup/Salads the Entries arrive. They taste their meals and she takes a sip of water, motions for the Waiter and then says that the water is no good. They get up to leave in a huff and it was the rest of us could do not to clap for their departure. We all complimented the staff on their paitience and enjoyed the rest of the meal in peace. Having worked with the public for 20 years I know one cannot make some customers Happy no matter what is done for them. I think they just like to feel important by making the biggest scene they can. Cruising is FUN, so sit back and enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

We were on a family cruise in 2010 and one of the sister in-laws decided to bring her 6 month old and proceeded to compain that people weren't helping babysitting enough for her to enjoy her vacation. :rolleyes: Never again. Wife and I only from now on.

Traveling on the Holland America's Zaandam was like sailing on a floating nursing home.

On the Holland America's Zaandam in April of 2009, my Partner and I

were subjected to unwelcome comments. On day in the buffet restaurant

as one of us walked by a table of several women who were looking directly

at one of us, one woman said: "those boys make me sick".

Trust me, we would much rather cruise with you than with them. Even in this day and age...so sad.

Edited by rharvey999

• 2 weeks later...

Oh I just saw this lady on the Carnival Miracle who doesn't seem to know where she is or why she's on the cruise. She always look drunk and clueless. I was on the line waiting to book shores excursions and she kept saying "I don't know what to book, where are we? Why don't you tell me where to go?" The poor guy kept saying "Miss, I can only give you suggestions, I can't make decisions for you :confused: How about take the shore excursion booklet, have a look at it and come back tomorrow." She goes on and say "Come back down here? Here to book?......oh ok....."

I've also seen a guy on the line for omelettes complaining he wait too long for his omelette. "By the time I get mine, it's already cold." Like clearly you see it in the pan and the egg bubbling up. :eek:

Some family down the hall complained on arrival day that the beds aren't made upon their arrival. The steward kept saying, "Everything will be done around 6-7pm." The dude got pissed and said, "What I paid all this and can't even have a nap for the first few hours?"

One I witnessed was a couple who were complaining at the Purser's desk, which was in the Atrium. They were shouting loudly, and people were peering down at them from the upper decks.

We quickly learned that the couple were in a suite (they said that repeatedly), and their complaints were (1) that a page was missing from the information binder in their cabin, and (2) that they did not have some special soap which they thought had been been promised them.

They were both yelling at the person behind the desk at the same time, so the poor staff member was not able to answer either of them.

Finally, the person behind the desk held up the reference copy of the binder and asked the man if he would mind showing him which page was missing. The man lunged across the desk saying something along the lines of wanting that copy. The poor person behind the desk jumped back, and I think the couple finally figured out that they had gone too far because they left shortly afterwards, followed by the glares of those of us who were in line behind them.

So sad that they felt they had to act that way, and that they were that angry about missing pages and soap!

Unfortunately, the craziest complaint I ever heard on a cruise ship was from my own mother.

She complained about EVERYTHING! We took them on a cruise for their 25th year wedding anniversary on Carnival in one of their gorgeous suites.

Just a sidebar note? The cruise was AMAZING. There was NOTHING wrong, but she just went on and on and on:

"I can't understand what these people are saying."

(Some of the waitstaff had accents. Nothing you couldn't make out if you spent more time listening and less time whining!)

"It's too hot on this boat!"

(Um, you're in the Caribbean. And sadly, Carnival doesn't have the thermostat to adjust the SUN, Mom!)

"There's nothing to do."

(NOTHING TO DO??? This is from a retiree who only knows what time it is depending on what is on television!)

"Everything is so expensive!"

(Interesting comment...since WE paid for everything! LOL)

"There are too many kids on this boat!"

(She has that wonderful grandmotherly instinct, obviously.)

"This ship moves around too much!"

(Okay, it was a little rough, but hello? You're on a BOAT!)

"You have to walk so far to the buffet!"

(Because, g^d forbid you should do a little walking, right?)

But...my favorite was this one:

"There's nothing on television!"

(Didn't we fly you down from New York to Florida and put you on this ship to get you AWAY from the television???)

Who watches Television on a cruise?

The kicker?

A week later, she writes me a letter telling me she had the BEST TIME EVER! :eek:

Mothers. Can't live with them, can't toss them overboard. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Traveling on the Holland America's Zaandam was like sailing on a floating nursing home.

On the Holland America's Zaandam in April of 2009, my Partner and I

were subjected to unwelcome comments. On day in the buffet restaurant

as one of us walked by a table of several women who were looking directly

at one of us, one woman said: "those boys make me sick".

That makes me so sick and so mad!

Incidentally, WE are from Tampa too and you boys can cruise with us ANY time! ;) We're always looking for couples to go on cruises with! The more the merrier...that is, if you can stand to be with us non-fabulous, traditionalists. *eye roll* LOL

So sad that people can't just live and let live. I am personally embarrassed to be a member of the straight community sometimes. My bestie (my gubby) is my heart and soul and if any one ever spoke to him like that?

WOMAN OVERBOARD!

Hubby and I were on our honeymoon on the Grand Princess. Everywhere we went we seemed to come across a woman who knew everything about anything.

On our tender back from Cayman she happened to be on our boat. I had purchasd a stuffed toucan for our daughter, and proclaimed to my husband that he would be named "Jimmy" (we had just spent a few hours at Margaritaville)

Well, this woman went off òn me. `You can`t name him Jimmy, Jimmy Buffet is a Parrot head and that is Toucan` I looked at her and said `They are both birds, whats the difference` Well she informed me that one has 3 talons on their feet and he other has 4, and they eat different foods.

To which I informed her that wouldnt be a problem, as this bird wouldnt be eating anything as it is STUFFED.

Every one around us laughed and applauded.

To this day we still laugh about crazy bird lady when we look at `Jimmy:D

• 4 weeks later...

We were in Quebec and I was just wandering thru the shops and happened upon two women we had nicknamed the "wicked witches* in a small, elegant gift shop. (You know the type, looks for things to complain about ... I could never be a crew member. I'm pretty sure i'd be fired for pitching such types overboard).

The were complaining "loudly" that these damned people should learn English. One wanted to pay $10 for a lovely silk watercolored scarf. It was priced at about $40 American. After listening to one old biddy speaking very slowly and loudly to the clerk ... then cuss at her for not responding I couldn't reign in my mouth. I spoke up and said ... we are in Quebec ... they speak French here. I got "the look" and they stormed off, throwing the scarf at the clerk, slamming the door and knocking over a display.

I helped the clerk pick up the mess and tried, in my best high school French to apologize for "my fellow shipmates". In perfect English (with a beautiful French accent) the "clerk" introduced herself as the shops owner. She presented me with the scarf as a gift.

I wore it all over the ship, until finally the old biddy rudely asked how much I paid for the scarf. I smiled sweetly and explained it was a gift from a lovely lady ... who spoke perfect English ... to "polite" Americans.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

We were in Quebec and I was just wandering thru the shops and happened upon two women we had nicknamed the "wicked witches* in a small, elegant gift shop. (You know the type, looks for things to complain about ... I could never be a crew member. I'm pretty sure i'd be fired for pitching such types overboard).

The were complaining "loudly" that these damned people should learn English. One wanted to pay $10 for a lovely silk watercolored scarf. It was priced at about $40 American. After listening to one old biddy speaking very slowly and loudly to the clerk ... then cuss at her for not responding I couldn't reign in my mouth. I spoke up and said ... we are in Quebec ... they speak French here. I got "the look" and they stormed off, throwing the scarf at the clerk, slamming the door and knocking over a display.

I helped the clerk pick up the mess and tried, in my best high school French to apologize for "my fellow shipmates". In perfect English (with a beautiful French accent) the "clerk" introduced herself as the shops owner. She presented me with the scarf as a gift.

I wore it all over the ship, until finally the old biddy rudely asked how much I paid for the scarf. I smiled sweetly and explained it was a gift from a lovely lady ... who spoke perfect English ... to "polite" Americans.

Classic... and well done you!

On our first cruise, we were blessed with a call from the "upsell fairy" and moved into the OS.

It did not take us long to love the suite life, Cagney's being our favorite perk.

We had breakfast and lunch there every morning, and loved the attention to detail and the great service. Each time, we were seated at the same window table.

We loved Cagney's so much that we ate dinner there 5 nights...always receiving the same table.

On the 5th night, Cagney's was crowded (Unusual). When we arrived (having reservations), there was a young couple there waiting to be seated. There were two tables open, one way in the back by the kitchen, and "our" table. We were immediately met by the concierge, who proceeded to escort us to "our" table. I quietly asked him to go ahead and give the table to the other couple and that we would be happy with the table by the kitchen.

With a smile the concierge nodded and escorted the other couple to the window table. As they passed us, the young "lady" looked at me and said, "Well, it's about time you rich bastards eat by the kitchen!"

My DW and I still laugh over that when we are seated near the kitchen.

LOL, can you imagine how many days you had been the subject of intense discussion in their cabin - before she got to the point of telling you your fortune near the kitchen :eek::D. And you probably still are :D.

My parents work in one of the cruise terminals in South Africa, and so they see the cruise line staff 2 or 3 times in a week. Clearly they all know each other well. Anyway, in 2011 I go back and take the parents on a cruise, and as we get through security one of the cruise line staff spot my parents moving with the line. She comes on over and greets my parents, and then tells us to follow her (to the check-in counter). LOL, the glares that we got as we skipped that line waiting for check-in counters ...

Loved this.

But you know, French Quebecers expect everyone to speak french to them everywhere they go too:D

• Haha 1