Crasiest or Dumbest things you have heard people complain about

spyder1

Loved this.

But you know, French Quebecers expect everyone to speak french to them everywhere they go too:D

I have only been in Quebec city for two days, however, everywhere I went, the 'natives' seemed more than happy to speak to me in English. In fact in all my cruises I found Quebecers to be among the friendliest of people, and the city, even at night was to me the safest that I have ever been in, even my own which has only 38,000 people in it

However, on the debit side, as a Canadian, I would never care to discuss politics in that Province.

john

We were on a cruise to Bermuda when a tropical storm came through. There was damage to the boat and we ended up being delayed one day because of it. There were people at the pursers desk very loudly complaining and pouting that they can't be tied up an extra day. Well sorry, I guess the cruise line should have ventured out with a damaged boat and " hope " that we don't sink just so these complainers can get home as scheduled! ;)

Complainers are too amusing. I wonder how many of them understand just how much fun it is to ridicule them with the poor person they just harrassed.

My own Dear Mother takes the silly cruise complaints. I know some of you have heard these in the cruise director's routine but as to where they got them, that is a chicken and egg discussion.

Anyways, Cruising Alaska on Princess for my brother's wedding and mom's first cruise. Went by their balcony cabin after we got settled to find her very dissapointed that thier view was obstucted by the other ship in port. She then Carped at my dad for not choosing the other side of the ship. My dad just smiled when I told my mom that I would get the ship moved for her within the hour.

While viewing the hubbard glacier from the ship she wondered about the altitude. Dad just shook his head and told her she was pretty high.

Carped at Dad again in Skagway because their balcony faced the mountainside and she wanted to see the water.

She is mostly harmless but gets annoying at dinner when she always wants something changed. Our poor waiter was gracious when she demanded a beef wellington without the liver paste. Of course she was dissapointed when he returned and very kindly told her that they had just run out. I slipped him a 5 on the way out and my wife and I had enough that night to slip the Maitre'd a 20 to get her and Dad "upgraided" to their own private table for 2.

LOVE to cruise but this was the last with dear old MUM.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Complainers are too amusing. I wonder how many of them understand just how much fun it is to ridicule them with the poor person they just harrassed.

My own Dear Mother takes the silly cruise complaints. I know some of you have heard these in the cruise director's routine but as to where they got them, that is a chicken and egg discussion.

Anyways, Cruising Alaska on Princess for my brother's wedding and mom's first cruise. Went by their balcony cabin after we got settled to find her very dissapointed that thier view was obstucted by the other ship in port. She then Carped at my dad for not choosing the other side of the ship. My dad just smiled when I told my mom that I would get the ship moved for her within the hour.

While viewing the hubbard glacier from the ship she wondered about the altitude. Dad just shook his head and told her she was pretty high.

Carped at Dad again in Skagway because their balcony faced the mountainside and she wanted to see the water.

She is mostly harmless but gets annoying at dinner when she always wants something changed. Our poor waiter was gracious when she demanded a beef wellington without the liver paste. Of course she was dissapointed when he returned and very kindly told her that they had just run out. I slipped him a 5 on the way out and my wife and I had enough that night to slip the Maitre'd a 20 to get her and Dad "upgraided" to their own private table for 2.

LOVE to cruise but this was the last with dear old MUM.

Gotta love it when people are special enough to qualify for those wonderful "upgrades" ;)

I think one of the dumbest ones that I have heard was a lady who insisted that she didn't want to stay for the scrapbooking class, she just wanted the free pages they were giving to participants. Apparently she had a "scheduling conflict" and couldn't stay for the class. She nearly took the poor instructors head off for refusing because according to her the instructors on prior cruises had no problem just giving her the materials and allowing her to go on her merry way. I realize that people have to pick and choose because there are simultaneous events on board ships but for crying out loud this isn't a board meeting, conference call, court deposition type of thing it's vacation! Also, a little odd that she always had a conflict with THAT class no matter which ship! Me thinks she just doesn't want to play with others. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Gotta love it when people are special enough to qualify for those wonderful "upgrades" ;)

I think one of the dumbest ones that I have heard was a lady who insisted that she didn't want to stay for the scrapbooking class, she just wanted the free pages they were giving to participants. Apparently she had a "scheduling conflict" and couldn't stay for the class. She nearly took the poor instructors head off for refusing because according to her the instructors on prior cruises had no problem just giving her the materials and allowing her to go on her merry way. I realize that people have to pick and choose because there are simultaneous events on board ships but for crying out loud this isn't a board meeting, conference call, court deposition type of thing it's vacation! Also, a little odd that she always had a conflict with THAT class no matter which ship! Me thinks she just doesn't want to play with others. :rolleyes:

A little like the 'art auctions', those who go to them for the 'free champagne?'

john

• 2 weeks later...
It is so strange what cruising does to some persons. Some insist on perfection, and complain about every single thing.

Depression and anxiety from too much alcohol, IMHO.

Edited by mtnesterz

RCCL out of San Juan a few years back. My parents and I are are experienced cruisers, but for some of my extended family this was their first time out of PA/NJ in about 15 years. My uncle complained that the suction produced when the toilet flushed was too strong...

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

A few years ago, my sis-in-law and I were behind an older woman complaining at the customer service desk that "A German man was dropping dollar bills from the railing onto the atrium dance floor" (no one was dancing)

Yeah. She was complaining about free money. And how did she know he was German???

• Haha 2

Right after being mowed over by a rather large woman on a scooter I was dressed down for "standing in the scooter lane" We were at the buffet and the carpet had about a 3 foot strip that was a different colour right next to the buffet. How dumb of me not to know it was the "scooter lane only". Guess the rest of us were supposed to reach 4 feet for our food. I departed with a well bruised leg and here demanding my cabin number because she was going to sue me for the injuries she sustained.

• Haha 2

A few years ago, my sis-in-law and I were behind an older woman complaining at the customer service desk that "A German man was dropping dollar bills from the railing onto the atrium dance floor" (no one was dancing)

Yeah. She was complaining about free money. And how did she know he was German???

This cracks me up! Who wouldn't find that hilarious??? Lighten up people, lighten up.

I guarentee that the customer service desk could author a series of books of the funniest things they've heard customers say. They would be best sellers! Although...then you would have the phonies purposely being stupid to get notariety in the book, huh?

my co-worker just got back from his first cruise. Everyone has one of the co-workers who complain about EVERYTHING.

He said it was just 'okay', that there wasnt much to do on the ship.

Really?

What ship was he on....Titanic? :rolleyes:

I didn't read this whole thread (I'm at work) but I just had to share my story from our Alaska cruise last August.

American lady in front of us at the customer service desk wanted to exchange her money. In vain, the front desk agent tried to explain to her that that Alaska was a U.S. state and therefore US currency was legal tender. She wasn't listening to him ... complained about how they told her that it could be exchanged at the desk and why was she given incorrect information and she'd been standing in line already for 15 minutes ... the litany went on and on!

About 4-5 minutes into the conversation, the agent takes her US cash, goes to a cash drawer, pulls out the same of amount of $ in different denominations and counts it out for her. Finally satisfied, she leaves, complaining to us (we were next in line) about why he didn't just do it in the first place instead of arguing with her!

Holding back the laughter I asked him if this happens often. He rolled his eyes and said "more often than you think!" Really!!!

• Haha 2

We were in Quebec and I was just wandering thru the shops and happened upon two women we had nicknamed the "wicked witches* in a small, elegant gift shop. (You know the type, looks for things to complain about ... I could never be a crew member. I'm pretty sure i'd be fired for pitching such types overboard).

The were complaining "loudly" that these damned people should learn English. One wanted to pay $10 for a lovely silk watercolored scarf. It was priced at about $40 American. After listening to one old biddy speaking very slowly and loudly to the clerk ... then cuss at her for not responding I couldn't reign in my mouth. I spoke up and said ... we are in Quebec ... they speak French here. I got "the look" and they stormed off, throwing the scarf at the clerk, slamming the door and knocking over a display.

I helped the clerk pick up the mess and tried, in my best high school French to apologize for "my fellow shipmates". In perfect English (with a beautiful French accent) the "clerk" introduced herself as the shops owner. She presented me with the scarf as a gift.

I wore it all over the ship, until finally the old biddy rudely asked how much I paid for the scarf. I smiled sweetly and explained it was a gift from a lovely lady ... who spoke perfect English ... to "polite" Americans.

Where's the "Like" button?

• Like 2

I didn't read this whole thread (I'm at work) but I just had to share my story from our Alaska cruise last August.

American lady in front of us at the customer service desk wanted to exchange her money. In vain, the front desk agent tried to explain to her that that Alaska was a U.S. state and therefore US currency was legal tender. She wasn't listening to him ... complained about how they told her that it could be exchanged at the desk and why was she given incorrect information and she'd been standing in line already for 15 minutes ... the litany went on and on!

About 4-5 minutes into the conversation, the agent takes her US cash, goes to a cash drawer, pulls out the same of amount of $ in different denominations and counts it out for her. Finally satisfied, she leaves, complaining to us (we were next in line) about why he didn't just do it in the first place instead of arguing with her!

Holding back the laughter I asked him if this happens often. He rolled his eyes and said "more often than you think!" Really!!!

:D Too funny above! We had the same thing happen in Hawaii. :rolleyes:

LuLu

~~~~

We were on a cruise in January. On the day that we were in Costa Rica a weather front passed through, and for a while it rained hard. A woman standing next to me said "but it's the dry season, it's not suppose to rain"!

Edited by Sanz
  • Haha 1

We were on a European cruise and this lady at the bar complained because "these damn foreigners can't speak English!" She was American and was too stupid to realize that SHE was actually the foreigner!:eek: I was embarassed for her. No wonder some people think we Americans are "ugly".:eek:

HHHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOO mousey: I used to live in Europe for a few years during the '80's. When I lived in Europe I found that most Europoens when they found out I was an American wanted to speak in English. Most places that you go to English is spoken with the exception of many areas of the United States where folks don't like to speak in English for one reason or another. The sad thing is that I found that Germans spoke English much better than most people I know from the United States.

We were on a cruise in January. On the day that we were in Costa Rica a weather front passed through, and for a while it rained hard. A woman standing next to me said "but it's the dry season, it's not suppose to rain"!

---- Additional info - we were in Limon on the Atlantic coast - where it rains year round

On a cruise to Bermuda, I heard a woman near me complain to her husband that his watch ticked too loudly and kept her up the night before. It was hilarious. As we neared Bermuda, there was sight of land. She then wondered if it was the Bahamas. He said he thought it could be! I was nearly in tears!

We were in Cancun for a week and decided to take our friends via a local bus, just a few short miles to the flea market. Figured they'd like the ambience of a Mexican city.

We had to walk about 2 blocks to the flea market from the bus stop and the friends complained about the streets being broken down, Cancun being so run down, people looking like criminals nearby, etc.

We get to the first store in the flea market and the storeclerk follows a friend of mine, awaiting the opportunity to approach him to try to sell him something he looked a bit interested in.

My friend says, "Does this guy think I'm a thief...he's following me, etc."...I told him that wasn't the case, but he didn't believe me.

Ten minutes into the flea market, my friends went back to the bus stop.....That night they told me they shopped at the local mall....Same stuff, higher prices! So much for exporing a "foreign" city.

Same friend told me, "a beach is a beach"...no need to visit beaches other than those where we live in Florida!!

On our very first cruise, nearly 30 years ago - rock-bottom priced 3-day to Nassau, we were seated in the MDR near a couple, straight out of "The Godfather" central casting, who we really wouldn't have noticed but for the ruckus he kicked up. We could hear him getting loud, berating first the busboy, then the waiter, the headwaiter and finally the maitre d' at top volume.

His problem? He (apparently) had been told by his TA that he could have anything he wanted...and he wanted LOBSTER. Never mind that there was no lobster on that night's menu. There was no lobster on the whole ship!

"BUT I WAS TOLD I COULD HAVE ANYTHING I WANT AND I WANT LOBSTER!"

Not sure if he expected them to send divers out or what...

• Haha 2