Steak without paying extra?

Jo and Rob

If you're in Traditional, you can ask your waiter a day in advance to order a New York strip steak (not a bad piece of beef on the Coral last month). It was on the menu one night. I liked it so much that I ordered one for the next night. It was great!

I don't know if you can place this kind of order in Anytime. My guess is that if you speak top the Head Waiter, it can be done just as easuly.

Shalom, Andy.

Befriend the Matre'd and/or your head waiter, they can do special orders.

We have had fillet - veal chops - even sea bass when asking what was available off the menu. Must order the night before -- quality is still hit and miss. Sometimes we have had a great veal chop, asked to repeat a few days later - and second time around not as good.

We were on the Ocean Princess last Feb. The strip is one of my husband's favorite meats. He asked for it about every third night (always the day before, of course) and it came out done (med-rare)to perfection every time. I agree the night they have it on the menu, it is usually not that great, the mass cooking as much as any thing, and really thin pieces sometimes. We ask ahead for some of our favorites more than once on every cruise. Of course, that is one of my favorite thigs about Princess...the dinning room works hard to please you.

I have had less luck on Celeberity, Holland America and Silver Seas in the food department. Yesrs ago, NCL also did a good job in the dinning room, but they seem to have slipped some in recent years. Seabourn really did a good job on our first cruise with them last year...at their prices they better though.

Archived