£98

Jim The Scot

Noticed IE all inclusive drinks package is down to £98(£49pp).Think originally it was something like £169 although some like RR were fortunate to get it free :D .Still a good price for anyone who wants to upgrade to AI if its permitted

2 nights drinks worth :D the rest :eek:

Noticed IE all inclusive drinks package is down to £98(£49pp).Think originally it was something like £169 although some like RR were fortunate to get it free :D .Still a good price for anyone who wants to upgrade to AI if its permitted

We paid £169 each for a week, considering we went ashore on six of those days, it was impossible to break even without doing some serious damage. At £49 I might be in with a chance, Ha Ha.

we were on IE 29th Jan - 5th Feb and paid £98 (£49 each) AI and had our monies worth, we had a great time, staff were wonderful, food good (Island restaurant) cabin very clean.

Thanks for that.

I was starting to get paranoid thinking it was only us and Rebel Rouser that had a good time on this ship.

When we went in Dec. we went by bus organised by the local T.A. and on the way back everyone said they'd had a great time.

Berwyn

we were on IE 29th Jan - 5th Feb and paid £98 (£49 each) AI and had our monies worth, we had a great time, staff were wonderful, food good (Island restaurant) cabin very clean.

How did you manage to get the package for £49? Would love to know so I can hopefully get some money back from Thomsons for this. Think it is a disgrace to charge some people over £160 and others £49. No wonder they have p****d off customers. Also food in the Island restaurant was cold and a bit tough when we had it so we gave up. We actually went all day without food on the Las Palmas canceled day as the smell from the restaurants was gross.

How did you manage to get the package for £49? Would love to know so I can hopefully get some money back from Thomsons for this. Think it is a disgrace to charge some people over £160 and others £49.

Hi,

They work it a bit like this. It's "free" for those who book early as a come on.

Then it goes up to £49 then after a while it is up to the full price of £169.

I did the sums recently and the cost of the cruise didn't work out much different if you booked early and didn't pay for the A.I. than if you booked last minute and got a cheaper price and paid for the A.I. in full. The only thing you might get in booking early is you get to choose your cabin if that's important.

Thomsons seem to vary pricing on a daily basis according to what the demand for that cruise/date is. As cymro says, book early and possibly get a free AI and choice of cabin, or book late and get a possible discount, It's swings and roundabouts although I think you would have to work hard to justify spending £169 on a AI.

There is nothing to be done about price changes once you have purchased, the bargain is struck and thats that. If you bought something in the high street for £169 and the next week it was £49 you might be upset but tough, thats the way business works, they are having a sale to induce people to buy. :(

Hi Dave,

The 1st time we went on her I added up the tabs when we got home and we wouldn't have spent much over £100 between the 2 of us if we'd have had to pay for them And we didn't go thirsty.

This time I'm sure we drank less, mind you we got a taste for the Non alcoholic cocktails which were cheaper.

And even the eldest lad who can neck a pint of Stella as fast as the barman's pouring them out was going easy by the middle of the week. There was no way even he could get £169 's worth down.

Berwyn

Thomsons seem to vary pricing on a daily basis according to what the demand for that cruise/date is. As cymro says, book early and possibly get a free AI and choice of cabin, or book late and get a possible discount, It's swings and roundabouts although I think you would have to work hard to justify spending £169 on a AI.

There is nothing to be done about price changes once you have purchased, the bargain is struck and thats that. If you bought something in the high street for £169 and the next week it was £49 you might be upset but tough, thats the way business works, they are having a sale to induce people to buy. :(

Hi Dave.

I own a high street shop and wish it was that simple. :)

Thomsons have just lost a customer which is a shame as I have used them many times in the past.

Archived