Completely trivial question about salon/spa services

2Labs2Many

On the Eurodam they offer both fills and repairs on acrylic nails. Unknown if they do this on other ships also but would guess that they do. As expected, fills were more expensive than at home. :eek: Jane

Thanks Jane. I guess if it matters, I'm talking about the Zandaam, although I suspect services are pretty consistent from ship to ship.

I would expect a higher price. Not embrace it, but expect it - LOL. I just thought I would treat myself to acrylics before we left, but in the three weeks total that we'll be gone (for the pre-cruise vacation and then the 15 day cruise), my nails will need some TLC or will look worse than if I just leave them alone to begin with.

If you are getting acrylics, have them do white tips or a pink and white for a french manicure. As they grow, the natural color does not make it as obvious as say red or purple. The lack of fill is less dramatic.

That's a good point. I usually do a french manicure anyway, but it's definitely something to keep in mind that I hadn't considered.

We leave for our vacation next Friday (the 12th) and I have officially declared all of next week "pamper me" week. :D

"We leave for our vacation next Friday (the 12th) and I have officially declared all of next week "pamper me" week. :D"

And continue with the "pamper me" while you're on the cruise. I've only sailed on the Maasdam, about 5 cruises, and 5 on the Old Noordam (sadly no longer with us). In both instances there was only one time when there wasn't a manicurist available to do acrylic fills. On that occasion, though, the manicurist on board did her best to do a polish change that looked pretty good (if I kept my hands moving :D).

Have fun!

p.s. You're on a cruise. You shouldn't be doing anything to cause chips! If you are, you're doing tooooo much for yourself. Use those stewards. That's what they're there for ;).

Archived