Keeping track of spending?

Jo and Rob

I would like to know if there is any way of checking your onboard costs throughout the cruise. Is there a channel with it on the telly? If not, wouldn't that be useful! :rolleyes:
Yes it would be very useful but Princess is behind the times a bit.:rolleyes: As of right now, you need to go to the Purser's desk to check your onboard account. Recently someone posted that the Sapphire has a kiosk to print your charges and hopefully they will add this fleetwide soon.

I would like to know if there is any way of checking your onboard costs throughout the cruise. Is there a channel with it on the telly? If not, wouldn't that be useful! :rolleyes:

Below is part of a reply that I made on another thread:

5. Speaking of the onboard account: One of the best tips that I can give you is to be sure to review your account regularly especially on a cruise this long. I retrieved a current copy of all charges at least once a week. I had my laptop and used a spreadsheet to enter every charge. I reconciled this with the charge slips that the waiters gave to us. I kept a running total for both my wife and I(each person has their own room account) and at the end of the voyage I knew to the penny what was going on my credit card when I disembarked. In 104 days I only found one error. My room number was entered as the amount on a laundry charge. Once brought to their attention the error was corrected. One other reoccurring problem was that the waiters frequently failed to enter the item and/or amount of the charge. Review each receipt that you get from the waiters for this info. Once you are known as demanding this info they tend to give you a correct receipt without asking.

6. I don't know what kind of promises Princess has made to you regarding settling your onboard account. Before we sailed it was understood that your credit card would not be charged until the end of the cruise-104 days. Once on board the Purser said that we would have our onboard account charged at the end of each segment. This was approximately 30 days. This change brought about a near mutiny. The end result was that they charged our account when we disembarked in the UK after completing the whole voyage. You might want to clarify their current policy in writing.

7. Re-read item 5 above. The only time that I witnessed any real nastiness was on disembarkation day. Those foolish passengers that had waited until the last day to review their account and were disputing the totals were livid. It was a real ugly scene at the very crowded Pursers Desk. Plan on knowing how much you owe a few days before you plan on leaving the ship. It will make you last day much nicer.

8. While tracking your onboard expenditures you might as well keep track of your foreign bought items that will be reported to US Customs. Waiting until the day of arrival in the US is not the way that you want to return home; frustrated and worried.

Cheers, VegasPier

Archived