Attn: dancers

reactor7

Looking for a good ship for dancing. We love to dance but hear that a lot of the lounges that offer dancing are really small and quickly get crowded. Thinking about sailing Celebrity and I would appreciate any advice you might have whether this would be a good choice for us.

I absolutely HATE the in the "bowels" disco/lounges....I love the Century's Disco, at last time I was there, it was on top of theship, looking out the front, just up from and accessible from the pool. It's a great one b/c it's a little bigger than the RCL's Dungeon on the Navigator....Carnival(*gasp*) had a good one, but ur right they get crowded, but sometimes that's half the fun---close quarters hehe!

Celebrity Century

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;7;10;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Millenium Thanksgiving!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;11;21;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Reactor...I assume you are speaking of Ballroom dancing and not disco?? If so, it can bew tricky but there are opportunities. Other cruise lines may have a better ballroom set up but I don't know. We foxtrotted our little fannies off on the small floors on Horizon last month but it was shoulder to shoulder many times.

With Compassion for others we build...we fight for peace and freedom

Hi Reactor7!

If you are indeed talking about "Ballroom Dancing", we did quite a bit of that at the Millenium's Rendezvous Lounge last November. There was a duo that played a variety of ballroom dance music for 45 minutes with a 15-minute break in between. However, the dance floor is indeed small but we still had fun. The duo played until midnight and after that there is always the "Cosmos Nightclub" which is open until the wee hours of the morning. The DJ played a lot of disco, swing, salsa and merengue music.

Happy Cruising to you!

We had a wonderful dance experience on RCCL Monarch of the Seas. I can't remember the name of the lounge but it was in the center of the ship and had a very nice dance floor. Most of the time we had almost to ourselves. The band was great, played tango, cha cha, foxtrot, waltz, swing, mambo and took requests.

You can also find specialty dance cruises if you check around.

Have fun!!!

Archived