Dinner in Suite on Emerald

Ash's Aunt

I've sailed multiple times on Princess in every category from inside to minisuite. (Up to now the minisuite has, of course, been my favorite). On May 2, I'm doing a girls getaway cruise on the Emerald with two friends (first time either of them has taken a vacation without the husbands or kids). We decided to splurge and book a PS suite (C749). My friends have never cruised so they have no idea of they are in for. I am very excited to be in a suite and want to experience all the "perks" available including dinner or lunch in the suite at least once.

So now to my question. I assume we order our complete lunch/dinner when we call and order it. Will the entire dinner (appetizers to desserts) be delivered at once? Does the waiter stay the whole time? (I hope not).

I've sailed multiple times on Princess in every category from inside to minisuite. (Up to now the minisuite has' date=' of course, been my favorite). On May 2, I'm doing a girls getaway cruise on the Emerald with two friends (first time either of them has taken a vacation without the husbands or kids). We decided to splurge and book a PS suite (C749). My friends have never cruised so they have no idea of they are in for. I am very excited to be in a suite and want to experience all the "perks" available including dinner or lunch in the suite at least once.

So now to my question. I assume we order our complete lunch/dinner when we call and order it. Will the entire dinner (appetizers to desserts) be delivered at once? Does the waiter stay the whole time? (I hope not).[/quote']

Your room steward will provide the dining room menus each day.

Thanks for all the quick replies. I knew you all would have the answer.

Jan - I agree it will be hard for my friends to cruise in a lower category after a suite. (I actually paid for the upgrade from a minisuite without telling them. They're amazing friends who were with me for the three months my mother was in the hospital before she died. I was trying to think of a way to let them know how much their friendship means to me and thought the suite was a good way to do that).

We ate dinner only twice in the 10 days we had our suite on the Emerald, however breakfast was really nice on the balcony. We usually had breakfast everyday on the balcony, didn't have to rush getting dressed just to go out an eat breakfast, made it so much more relaxing. You and the girst really are going to have a nice time.

Now that breakfast if offered at Sabatinis for full suite guests, anytime we have the chance to make it, we head there for breakfast. It's a great treat.

Now, on port days when we have an early tour or need to get off the ship, we order breakfast delivered to our suite. No going to the dining room or fighting the madhouse at the buffet, we can just take our time and have breakfast in our robes on the balcony before beginning our day. You are going to be spoiled forever................ Enjoy!

Archived