Chef's Table

Hi Michelle..

If I remember correctly you are sailing in a few days. Will be curious to find out how the "chef's table " goes. We did get confirmation, so will be attending the chef's table also in May. Also if you can check at some of the bars and see if they serve a drink called "Mastercard", we enjoyed these when we sailed on the Explorer of the Seas in October. If I don't talk to you before you go, have a great time and looking forward to a full report when you get back.

Karen

Hi Karen,

Yes I'm sailing off this Saturday. I can't sleep...leaving in 2 1/2 hours for the airport to catch a 5 am flight. That's great news, I'm glad you are able to attend as well. I will check to see what bars make that drink for you. Thank you, I'm sure I will have a great time away from the cold weather and snow. This will be the last post before I go. Talk to you when I return.

Hi Michelle..

If I remember correctly you are sailing in a few days. Will be curious to find out how the "chef's table " goes. We did get confirmation, so will be attending the chef's table also in May. Also if you can check at some of the bars and see if they serve a drink called "Mastercard", we enjoyed these when we sailed on the Explorer of the Seas in October. If I don't talk to you before you go, have a great time and looking forward to a full report when you get back.

Karen

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Karen,

I'm sorry it took a few weeks to write back to you.

The drink "Mastercard" - I had asked at the bar on the boardwalk and was told that were not sure what I was talking about. They also asked what was in it but I didn't know. I also asked at one of the pool bars and they had no clue what it was. I didn't go in and ask at any other bars due to the smoking.

The Chef's Table was excellent!!!! Our menu was pretty much the same with the exception of the dessert.

The menu was:

Smoked Duck Salad - with orange comfit, baby lettuce, green asparagus and zesty Cointreau dressing. Wine - Mer Soleil Chardonnay

Trio of Soups - chicken and vegetable consomme, truffle scented mushroom cream, and sweet garden pea veloutee

Pan-fried Scallops and Crab Cake - with lobster flavored tartar sauce, cilantro oil and balsamic drizzle. Wine - Belle Glos Pinot Noir

Grilled Beef Tenderloin - whipped potatoes, wilted spinach, tomato onion jam and aged port wine veal reduction. - Wine - Caymus Cabernet Sauvignon

Passion Fruit Creme Brulee - crisp caramelized sugar tuille ans strawberry ice-wine jus. Wine - Errazuriz, Late Harvest Sauvignon Blanc

To answer questions about the cook book and apron - Yes, It's one cookbook per couple; however, we did mention that my father and I didn't live together so we were able to each get one.

We also tried 150 Central Park - this was also very excellent. Both the Chef's Table and 150 were done in the beginning of the trip so the rest of the time the food could not compare.

The Park Cafe was also very good for lunch. I always has the egg salad sandwich.

Everything was great and wish I was back on the ship. As far as crowds, you only felt it when the drill was over on the 1st day.

Let me know if you have anything else you want to know.

Michele

Hi Lotus8 -

I was at the Chef's Table for the Feb 20, 2010 sailing. I went with my father and they did give one cookbook per couple; however, we did mention that my father and I didn't live together so we were able to each get one along with our own apron.

Michele

does everyone get a cookbook and apron, or is it only given one per 'couples'. I travel with a friend and last time we did this on Princess she was given the cookbook, and then handed it to me since I cook a 'bit' more :)

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for all the great information. Probably the Mastercard drink was something that the ship we were on came up with , but thanks for checking. Good to hear the Chef's Table was good also, I am looking forward to it. How were the shows?? We are counting the days, and can't wait. Thanks again for sharing your experience.

Karen

Your Welcome Karen,

The shows were great; We saw all of the them. We had reserved them before we left as they let only reservations in first. Then 10 minutes before show time they allow everyone else without a reversation in providing there is still room.

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for all the great information. Probably the Mastercard drink was something that the ship we were on came up with , but thanks for checking. Good to hear the Chef's Table was good also, I am looking forward to it. How were the shows?? We are counting the days, and can't wait. Thanks again for sharing your experience.

Karen

Archived