Service aboard the Century

milepost465

The wife and I will be taking our first cruise on X in March (only a couple weeks away! :D) This will be our second cruise...the first being on the old Carnival Celebration. Our TA said if we enjoyed the service on Celebration, then we would be blown away" by the service on the Century and X in general. Plus we opted for CC because its a special anniversary for us!

What kind of service can we expect on Century? We're just every day people and like good service but not when it gets "intrusive."

The reason I ask is because of a bad experience last month at a local resort. Thanks!

No comparison... The major difference we noticed between X and other cruise lines was cleanliness and not just vacuming etc.. For example we cruised last year on RCCL and noticed that tables weren't always cleared, empty drink cups lingered and the staff wasn't always the most helpful. My wife and I have cruised on X 4 times (the 5th is coming up in April) and honestly it has absolutely lived up to expectations every time. Your TA advised you wisely as you will notice a huge difference in the intangibles that you never even thought about. We never once felt as if the staff was intrusive.

We also experienced great service on our recent Century cruise. It was our first time on Celebrity and it seems like everyone was very well trained. There was nothing intrusive about it, but everyone we met, whether an officer, room steward or maintenance crew, was friendly and courteous. We noticed that if we said hello to someone, they would always be pleased to respond with a genuine "good morning sir/madam, how are you today?" or something like that. The dining room service was also very good and they worked very hard to make the dinner go smoothly.

Overall, we were very impressed.

Charles

St Paul, MN

I agree with everyone else. We took our first cruise on Celebrity on the Century in December and the service blew us away! It was our 8th cruise overall, having cruised with Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and Princess, and Century was definitely the cruise with the best service.

We have sailed on the Century 4 times and are scheduled for the Solstice in Apri. Without exception each of our service experiences did NOT MEET, but exceeded our expectations. We really can't figure out why we would want to go on any other cruise line.:D

now my last visit on Century was quite a while ago, but I still remember they set the bar pretty high. My water glass was continueosly filled at dinner and bread crumbs scraped off as they hit the tablecloth...not kidding, I was rather dissapointed in the service on the other lines after Century spoiled me. But I still manage to have fun and choose my cruises based on price and itinerary not on level of service.

Cut and pasted from the review of our 2-1-10 Century cruise:

The most impressive thing to us was the service on the Century was just impeccable. Our fixed dining wait staff was top-notch. The bar server we frequented at both the pool bar and the Crystal room, Aleksandar was wonderful and very pleasant to talk with. Our cabin stewards provided everything we asked for except they did not leave ice the last evening (ice was a standing request).

Archived