Question about Labadee beaches (w/15 m.o.)

BethV114

Hi all. DH and I have just booked Allure for the new inaugural sailing on 12/5. This will be our first cruise in two years, and I gather that a lot has changed at Labadee since our last visit. We'll be traveling with DD, who will be 15 months old. Which would be the best beach to take her to? I was also wondering if you more recent/experienced cruisers could tell me what the deal is with Nellie's beach? When I was doing some reading on the Private Islands boards, I saw that that beach is now reserved for "VIPs." What exactly does that mean? I assume suite guests. We're Diamond. Would we be able to go, or is it only open to Diamond + and above?

Thanks so much for the help!:)

Hi all. DH and I have just booked Allure for the new inaugural sailing on 12/5. This will be our first cruise in two years, and I gather that a lot has changed at Labadee since our last visit. We'll be traveling with DD, who will be 15 months old. Which would be the best beach to take her to? I was also wondering if you more recent/experienced cruisers could tell me what the deal is with Nellie's beach? When I was doing some reading on the Private Islands boards, I saw that that beach is now reserved for "VIPs." What exactly does that mean? I assume suite guests. We're Diamond. Would we be able to go, or is it only open to Diamond + and above?

Thanks so much for the help!:)

I was in Labadee 26 January. However I spent most of my time watching all the relief supplies being unloaded, reloaded on trucks, etc and not much time at the beach, so I hope the following is accurate. Hideaway Beach is now the dock and water sports. Barefoot Beach is reserved for Suite Guests [and possibly others IF they are able to get and pay for a reservation for the new cabanas; no provisions for D or D+ access]. There are still two beaches on the bay side [where the ships used to anchor] - Nellie's and Columbus. There is a new map posted at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1134621&highlight=labadee+map ; scroll to msg 17.

Thom

There are several nice beaches. One just to the right of barefoot Beach and one more straight/left as you exit the dock area. As mentioned, Barefoot Beach is reserved for suite guests AND any guests who rent a cabana for the day. ($150-$250 for up to 6 people)

Take a look at some of the newer maps posted.

M

Since your daughter will probably need some shade and sand, Columbus Cove would be your best choice. Adrenaline Beach is total sun, but they do have clam-shell style shelters available. I do not know if there is a charge for them since we avoided that beach (it was very crowded, and I need to retreat to shade from time to time). The beach area is a little rockier as well, especially to the left as you face the water. Columbus Cove is the farthest beach from the ship, though, so it is a bit of a walk.

Archived