Commodore on the Beach

Ryanspapa

Has anyone stayed at the Commodore on the beach in Galveston recently? And how can I find recent hotel reviews for Galveston? Thanks, Sharon

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g55879-d98871-Reviews-Commodore_on_the_Beach-Galveston_Texas.html

It's been a while since I stayed there. I found it clean and decent for the price. There is a Joe's Crab Shack directly behind/beside it.

Here is some information from the website about cruise parking, if you need it. I personally would just park at EZ Cruise Parking or Lighthouse Parking during the June 23rd-July 31st where they charge $25.

Cruise passengers staying at The Commodore prior to sailing can park free at the hotel during the length of their cruise (seasonal).

Free parking is based upon availability. From June 23rd thru July 31st, cruise parking will be available at $25.00, plus tax, per vehicle per cruise for guests staying with us prior to sailing. Guests who pay this fee and who stay with us immediately upon their return from the cruise will receive a $25.00 credit on their post-cruise stay.

Commodore staff will be happy to arrange transportation for our guests to the Port of Galveston cruise terminals. Service will be provided, as requested, by local taxi service or by local limousine service. Hotel guests will be responsible for the applicable charges.

Stayed there in November when we sailed on the Conquest. We left our car right there with no problems. As a matter of fact we had gone down a few days early to enjoy an extended vacation and the Ecstacy was in on Saturday with the Conquest on Sunday and we found a number of people had left cars there and took taxi's over. It's what we usually do as we have stayed a number of thime with them. And yes Joes is next door but so is a little diner that the locals favor. It's open 24/7 and we've eaten there a number of times esp. breakfast the morning of the Cruise. Best deal is to book right through them you get a bit more personal service. http://www.commodoreonthebeach.com/

Archived