Best Beach

BcIcemen

• 2 weeks later...
Antiqua has many very nice beaches. I have been to Turner (very nice as already mentioned), but I went to Valley Church beach a few weeks ago as recommended by a fellow CC member and it was wonderful. There are facilities and beach chairs and umbrellas for rent, as well as plenty of shady trees if you get there early, nice white sand and beautiful aqua water. There is a beach bar/restaurant called The Nest, owner a very personable man named Elvis. They do take credit cards and you can run a tab. The coconut shrimp was excellent! Some people say they have taken the local bus but I was glad we took a taxi as the walk from where the bus lets you off to the beach was quite a trek. This is my new favorite beach on Antigua.

What was the taxi fare?

Thank you.

having been to Antigua 7 times for land holidays (staying at St James Club) I have to say that you have a great choice of beaches - 365 - 1 for every day of the year ! Our own personal favourite for the surf is Half Moon , for snorkeling (just of the beach ) is Darkwood , you also then have the fab OJ's around the corner for great lunches . Long Bay has a lovely beach , chairs you can rent and a great hotel / bar / restaurant just on the beach. you'll have agreat time there wherever you decide to go . Regards Helen

• 3 weeks later...

After analizing and researching and dreaming about, I finally decided to tell DH that we are going to sail on the Freedom December 2011. I know it's a long way away, but I just had to start more researching....and tps58, your pictures are fanstastic...just the thing I need to let him see before I break it to him that that is where he will be! Thank you, thank you.:)

• 2 months later...

We are doing the 14 day exotic southern on the connie in March 11 and look forward to this wonderful place. How is the snorkeling on this Island as compared to the other southern islands. All the beaches look great so maybe I'll let the snorkeling go here if it is not as good as some of the others.

We are doing the 14 day exotic southern on the connie in March 11 and look forward to this wonderful place. How is the snorkeling on this Island as compared to the other southern islands. All the beaches look great so maybe I'll let the snorkeling go here if it is not as good as some of the others.

At the beaches we've visited in Antigua the snorkeling hasn't been the greatest. The water has been too cloudy.

Archived