Parrot Tree or Tabyana

phlydude

Carnival is offering 2 different beach excursions (I wouldn't normally book with the ship but the prices aren't bad $29 pp for Parrot Bay and $33 for Tabyana).

Has anyone been to Parrot Tree Plantation Beach? If so, how was it. Ship shows limited time of 3 hrs, could that be correct?

How would the 2 compare?

I see Parrot Tree is more a lagoon than open water like Tabyana and is more limited in number of people than Tabyana.

help is appreciated!

Tabyana has snorkeling very close to the beach area from what I am reading. The PArrot Tree is more of a housing development catering to retiring Americans. (www.parrot-tree.net) While it looks beautiful, I am hearing I won't be disappointed with Tabyana.

Check out the Carnival thread, I am getting more hits on the same question there.

We just got back from Tabyana - you can jump right in and snorkel right off the beach. We loved Tabyana (and Roatan) so much, we are considering 1 - buying property there and 2 - going back and spending an entire week there.

It was by far the best stop on our cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Lucy55, It's been five years since we were at this fantastic beach but I don't think they rent equip. If you are on a ship just go to the dive master dept and rent from the ship. I'm on the Grand Princess 2/26, and they rent snorkel,mask,fins and vest for $18/day or $25 for the whole week! Make it one of the 1st things you on the ship b/c they may run out due to excursions.

Archived