basketball / golf policy

vbecky

Hi it has been a couple years since been on a carnival cruise. I am thinking of going on the splendor in July. I am wondering if the policy for playing basketball and mini golf is still the same have to go show your sail and sign card to check out basketballs and golf clubs? Also does anyone happen to know if the basketball courts are available at all times or do they close them for kid club activities? Thanks so much

Hi it has been a couple years since been on a carnival cruise. I am thinking of going on the splendor in July. I am wondering if the policy for playing basketball and mini golf is still the same have to go show your sail and sign card to check out basketballs and golf clubs? Also does anyone happen to know if the basketball courts are available at all times or do they close them for kid club activities? Thanks so much

The half court is aft of the funnel and competely separate from the kids activity area so it's available pretty much all of the time.

You check out the sports equipment at the sports activities desk on the Lido near the pool...

:)

IMG_2579.jpg

Sorry to keep asking so many questions about basketball but my son loves to play. Does anyone know or remember is their 2 hoops in the court? It looks like from the pictures that there is lights? Can anyone confirm this? thanks

Sorry to keep asking so many questions about basketball but my son loves to play. Does anyone know or remember is their 2 hoops in the court? It looks like from the pictures that there is lights? Can anyone confirm this? thanks

I believe there is only one hoop. My son brings his own basketball along. The booth that checks them out isn't always open so its nice to have his own b-ball when he decides to go up and play..

Does anyone know if their is lights on the basketball court?

In the picture I see two flood lights atop each corner of the frame supporting the netting so there is some kind of lighting. Also the court doesn't have hours per se but the equipment checkout does. I don't think you can get the basketball before 9:00 am. You check the equipment out where you get the putt putt ball and putter, same hours. I like to shoot baskets in the morning so I bring my own ball. I deflate it and bring a small hand pump and pins. They take up very little space in a suitcase and I know every morning I will find an empty court. :) Also the condition of the ship's basketball(s) has varied widely in my experience. bringing my own has meant a good quality ball. It is usually the ball of choice for the 3 on 3 tourny.

Thanks we are also planning on bringing own basketball. I to did see it appeared to have lights on the posts but was curious if anyone knew if they were on in the evening? My son lives at the basketball courts on the ships!

Does anyone know if the volleyball court on the Elation has a net over it? The past 3 cruises were on the Holiday and there was no net. I was afraid to play volleyball as I don't *always* have control of where it goes and I was afraid it would go overboard and I'd see a dolphin playing with it when I looked out at dinner. lol Just wondering....I've always wanted to play volleyball on one of our cruises but never did...

Does anyone know if the volleyball court on the Elation has a net over it? The past 3 cruises were on the Holiday and there was no net. I was afraid to play volleyball as I don't *always* have control of where it goes and I was afraid it would go overboard and I'd see a dolphin playing with it when I looked out at dinner. lol Just wondering....I've always wanted to play volleyball on one of our cruises but never did...

The Elation doesn't have a netted-in basketball court. It will only have the single hoop till it dry-docks and receives the Evolutions of Fun upgrade. The will be part of the waterpark.

Archived