Bon Voyage Drink Coupons

gardengirl13

I'm looking for some info on these coupons. The value of them is $5.25 however looking at some of the drink prices the only thing I could really use them for is beer as it is lower priced. Now, if it is lower do they give you change? I'm sure they wouldn't, but what about if the drink is more? The ticket is supposed to include tip so what then? Do I pay more and tip more or someone said they will sometimes just take the drink ticket at par. Anyone have any info for me? Please.....

I'm looking for some info on these coupons. The value of them is $5.25 however looking at some of the drink prices the only thing I could really use them for is beer as it is lower priced. Now, if it is lower do they give you change? I'm sure they wouldn't, but what about if the drink is more? The ticket is supposed to include tip so what then? Do I pay more and tip more or someone said they will sometimes just take the drink ticket at par. Anyone have any info for me? Please.....

The coupons are $5.75 and everytime we used them they changed the extra amount to my S&S.

We always use them and have never been charged extra. We order pina coladas (8-10ozs), margaritas (6 oz) etc and we give them 1 coupon and they give you the drink. Sometimes they take your card to verify that you have purchased coupons (that is what we were told) but there is never any charges on our account. It saves about $1.00/drink. You might be a little behind if you use it for beer (not sure, we only do mixed drinks) We buy about 4 sheets of 4 coupons and they are delivered the first night in the dining room. If you choose not to go to the dining room, just stop by the dining room you are assigned to and pick them up

I just went on the Carnival site and found this:

BAR Bar Credits (4 DRINK COUPONS) 21.25

Soft Beverage Credits (4 DRINK COUPONS) 7.75

Are these the drink coupons that you buy ahead of time? Is it one coupon per drink?

Yes

I used ten sheets of them on the splendor last april....the first waiter charged my card for the extra. I was a bit bummed, I threw him a tip anyhow and guess what, the rest of the cruise I never paid any extra....1 coupon for one drink.....actually, 2 coupons for double jack n cokes or something along that line.....

If you are on a ship that charges the difference between the coupon $5.25 face value and the price of the drink you order is there any advantage to buying them?

And does anyone know how they are on the Spirit as far as charging extra? :)

On the Spirit last week, coupons were credited at $5.75 and include gratuity. If your drink is more than $5.75, you are charged the difference (at least I was).

On the Spirit last week, coupons were credited at $5.75 and include gratuity. If your drink is more than $5.75, you are charged the difference (at least I was).

So if I had a coupon and bought a drink that costs $7.25 I would be charged $1.50 extra and that would include the tip?

With tip that $7.25 drink becomes $8.34 if I just buy it outright. So I would save money by using the coupon it seems.

Did the drink coupon say it was good for a drink up to $5.25 but they gave you credit for $5.75?

Several references on this thread to the coupons being worth $5.75, but they state $5.25 on them? I have some left from last year that say $5.25 and Carnival's website still shows them as being worth $5.25...they charge $21.25 for 4.

Either way, it has been my experience that some servers charge the difference and some don't. I'm hoping mine don't next week:)

im not following what is the advantage of buying these coupons? If you're charged the difference over $5.25, what is the savings?

The fact you can purchase drinks in advance, so you have less of a S&S bill. I prefered to have as much of my cruised paid for in advance, as we had the money.

The fact you can purchase drinks in advance, so you have less of a S&S bill. I prefered to have as much of my cruised paid for in advance, as we had the money.

I do the same. Just got off Liberty Saturday, and, as always, used the drink coupons. It varied from bar to bar, server to server. I tried to order a dod from a wandering server on Lido by the pool - he said it was good for beer only. I walked up to the bar, where I got the dod using the coupon, and was charged $1.50 more for it. I usually ended up getting the smaller dod glass, as that was plenty for me, and I didn't need souveneir glasses each time. They took the coupon for the smaller glass and didn't charge me anything more.

Archived