waterfalls:

2192889220104390106S600x600Q85.jpg

This was anchored off of Jalousie beach- not too shabby

2611022010104390106S600x600Q85.jpg

This little yacht [200 million range] was by Soufriere:

2433696330104390106S600x600Q85.jpg

maybe I could afford this one- a water taxi from Soufriere to Jalousie

2999353470104390106S600x600Q85.jpg

Great photos, MDSue! Wouldn't it be nice to own a yacht like that? Must be great- one can always dream. The waterfall pic is nice too, we went there but didn't get into the water, it was freezing! I think next time we're there, we'll just jump in to say we did.

guys...i m trying to figure out how to insert a picture here....HELP!!!!

Hello musicmastimagic. Inserting a photo into a Cruise Critics thread was was something that I learned to do when I wanted to post photos with my Carnival Victory Review. Here are some detailed instructions on how to do it.

First of all, you need to open up a Photobucket account. Photobucket will give you the results you are looking for, plus it is very easy to use and navigate in.

Once you open up a Photobucket account, you are ready to download your photos--just click on the "Upload Photos" button and you are ready to go!

Once your photos have been downloaded, you can easily resize it. I found that all of my photos were automatically sized as X-large (15" screen). I resized all my photos to Large (640 X 480)--that is the size my photos appear in this thread and in my Carnival Victory review. It is very easy to resize your photos, if you want too. Simply click on the photo and it will come up larger. Then hold your mouse over the top of the photo and an index bar will appear. Click on "Resize" and a drop down menu will appear. It will show you these sizes:

Tiny (100 X 75)

Small (160 X 120)

Medium (320 X 240)

Large (640 X 480)

15" screen (800 X 600)

Click on the size you would like and your photo will be resized to that.

Now, your photo will be the size you want it to appear in your Cruise Critic Review.

To post your photo in Cruise Critics, you will need to get your photos image link. You will find this by either holding your mouse over the photo and a "Share" Menu will drop down or if you had clicked on the photo opening it up so that you can view it in a large format, you will find this "Share" Menu located on the left side of the page. On this "Share" Menu you will see four different links:

Email & IM

Direct Link

HTML Code

IMG Code

You will want the IMG Code for Cruise Critics.

Copy the IMG Code into your review. It will show up as a link. It will turn into your photo (at the size you chose) once you click on "Preview Post".

And that is it! It is that simple!

I hope you are able to make sense of my instructions.

If there is still something that is unclear, let me know and I will try to clarify it better for you.

Good Luck. I am looking forward to seeing your photos too!

• 7 months later...

Woke up at 5:30 AM when we arrived in St. Lucia. We had a stateroom on the Starboard side of the Serenade of the Seas. Incredible views of the Pitons! I think I spotted some dolphins. Just a peaceful moment first thing in the morning. I love cruising because of moments like this:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Woke up at 5:30 AM when we arrived in St. Lucia. We had a stateroom on the Starboard side of the Serenade of the Seas. Incredible views of the Pitons! I think I spotted some dolphins. Just a peaceful moment first thing in the morning. I love cruising because of moments like this:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Awesome!! I will be lucky enough to view this on Monday morning April 4, 2011. Thanks so much for posting.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that those are Pilot Whales, not dolphins. Saying that because of how they are swimming, and the shape of the head. We have seen them many times when whale-watching in St Lucia.

I think that those are Pilot Whales, not dolphins. Saying that because of how they are swimming, and the shape of the head. We have seen them many times when whale-watching in St Lucia.

Thank you for clearing that up. We were never completely sure, still wondering what they were :).

WOW! I was curious about whale watching in St. Lucia. This looks so exciting. How did you get that shot? Does Hackshaws have more than one boat?

We were on another Hackshaw's boat (we charter one each time we are in St Lucia...have done it about 7 times, and have 2 more planned for this coming March). When one of their boats spots dolphins or whales, they radio the other boats so that they can come over and see the animals. This is how this shot came about.

If you are interested in going with them, email them (address is on their website) and tell them that "Marc from Canada" sent you. Chris Hackshaw will take good care of you.

• 7 months later...

Hi All! I was going through my photos (wistfully) and found a couple more I would like to share:

ry%3D400

Banana leaves towering over us.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

On the dock headed to the water taxi. The next photo is from us in the water taxi just leaving the dock, heading left and looking straight ahead:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Leaving St. Lucia that evening.

Does any one know the name of the beach in the picture with the kayaks and if you have been there what did you think of it?

It is the beach between the Pitons.....any good map of the Island will give you the name. It looks like it was taken from the resort area.

• 5 months later...

Archived