open dining dress code

gbonco1

I am cruising with my grandkids (ages 13, 14, & 17) on the Oosterdam on March 27.

Have several questions:

Any way to access online the teen program activities that we can expect on the ship?

Will the entertainment be appropriate?

Is the dress code the same for open dining as it is for fixed seating?

This is a great forum!! have spent most of the day reading it!! Thanks

Welcome to Cruise Critic and the HAL board!!!!!

As far as activities in the various programs for kids, I believe that is determined by how many in each age catagory there is on the ship. There probably is no way to know exactly what activities they will be doing. You can find out by calling HAL as to how many children in each age catagory that your grandchildren are in. Say, for a 13 y/o, they can tell you if there are 2 or 22 in that age catagory. The thing I will tell you is to try to have them go to the first evening get-together. When my son was 14 he went to the first evening and when no one was there, he left. He occupied the next day by shooting hoops. Finally other kids in his age group headed up there and they found out they had all done the same thing the day previous. Showed up, no one there, left. My son did end up making some very nice friends.

Dress code is the same for anytime dining as it is for fixed. Just show up clean, no jeans, no tank tops - and you're pretty much OK.

Each evening you will receive a program in your mailbox detailing the next day. If there is entertainment that is more adult, it will be posted. However, it's always up to the parents (or grandparents) to determine what is acceptable.

Enjoy your cruise. What a wonderful thing you are doing for your grandchildren!! I think you will find the friends they meet on this cruise to be rather well behaved & polite.

Most of the entertainment will be appropriate for all ages. When there is an "adult" comedian or act, it will be clearly designated as such in the Daily Program. Sometimes a comedian will have an early "family" show and a late "adult" show.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

The time of year and how many children will be on board does determine what activities there will be for the children. Thus HAL can not really post the activities on their web-site.

There have have been a couple of times when we have seen Club HAL bring a group of children to the show lounge to watch one of the production shows. There was a section of seats reserved for them.

Archived