aft cabin on the sky

bagpiper51

i've looked and looked and haven't found any discussion on this subject so here it is. what is your take on an aft cabin, especially in reference to the norwegian sky. the booking agent said that the balcony is very nice with no breeze. is the balcony any larger than the balcony's on the side of the ship?

We have sailed on the Sky twice - the carribbean and hawaii - both were inside cabins. All I can tell you is that we loved that back deck on the Sky (where the outside buffet is). Spent almost all of our time time there. I personally think you'd be happy with an aft balcony on the Sky....less wind, but just my two cents.

i've looked and looked and haven't found any discussion on this subject so here it is. what is your take on an aft cabin, especially in reference to the norwegian sky. the booking agent said that the balcony is very nice with no breeze. is the balcony any larger than the balcony's on the side of the ship?

We had a Penthouse Suite on the Sky on the aft and loved it. Originally we had booked a standard balcony on the aft, but fortunately we got an upsell to a Penthouse Suite a couple cabins away.

We have had aft balconies on many different ships, and always book them when we can get them. Why?

1. Always larger than the sides of the ship

2. Always relaxing to sit there and watch the wake of the ship. The sound of the wake is very peaceful.

3. Balconies are generally pretty private, and we feel they have less wind.

Our recommendation, take it and we think you will be hooked on them from that point forward.

We were in a BA on the Sky when she was the PofAloha. Great cabin! If you can, I would recommend deck 9 instead of deck 10 as we did hear noise early in the morning when they were setting up the tables and chairs on the outside deck. Also had soot a couple of times, but just remember to check before you sit down. We asked our steward to bring a couple of loungers for the balcony, which he did.

Enjoy!

The aft suites on the Sky are terrific. We have not been in an aft BA on the Sky but we are a fan of aft cabins on NCL.

Take a look at the pics we have shot of the Sky in my Webshots album, link is in my signature.

Thanks so much for the link to your Sky pics. It gave me a good idea of what the penthouse suite bathrooms and balcony looks like. I enjoyed your pics!

I had an aft balcony cabin on the SKY and I loved it. The balcony was just the right size for me and my 2 cruise mates.

I don't have any links to my pictures but I did take a few and even though it was my first cruise and I didn't have anything to compare the cabin to..i thought it was very nice.

My GF and I had an aft BA balcony on the Sky last Sept., we loved it. There is nothing better than sitting on the balcony at sunset with your honey watching the world go by. There were 2 chairs and a table. Another nice thing is you can hang your wet clothes on the chairs and not have to worry about them being blown off. We didn't hear noises from above.

Archived