getting back on board/last call

jp98

I searched but couldn't find what I was looking for. Does anybody know what time passengers are asked to be back onboard before the ship leaves port? My cruise will be in Roatan from 9am to 5pm and I know they like people to be onboard before five. Is it 30 min, 60 min or what?

Also, I read one post somewhere that Celebrity goes by port time so there isn't the whole port time/ship time confusion while in port. Can anybody clarify this for me?

Thanks!

As I recall, it's 15 minutes prior. If you're doing anything independently, I'd plan on 30 minutes to allow some wiggle room if arrangements for returning to the ship go awry.

Athough I understand adjusting ship time to local time is up to the captain, they will almost always adjust ships time duiring the night to whatever the local time will be an the next port of call, so check the clock on your room's phone before you leave for the day.

The "All Aboard" time will be clearly posted next to the gangway as you leave the ship at each port.

On Summit last month it was 15 minutes before departure.

Ship time is often adjusted overnight as you move thru time zones. Keep a lookout for those notices. Ship Time is also posted on one of the TV channels....maybe the "view from the bridge" station. You can always check that before going ashore.

In our travels the ship/port time is usually the same. Has anyone found them different?

On our stop at Agadir on our Galaxy TA in '08, they kept announcing to keep our watches on "ship time" which was an hour different from port time. A young couple missed the ship (weren't paying attention/forgot/whatever) because they were judging our departure by a clock in a cafe in port. (They were on our excursion in Tenerife and kept holding everyone else up at every stop, so it didn't surprise me in the least -- just as dizzy as you please.) At departure time, they kept announcing these two names to report to Guest Services - I commented at the time, "I'll bet you dimes to doughnuts, it's those two airheads". Well, sure enough...... Needless to say, they missed the ship and didn't reboard until Barcelona three days later.

Not sure if this is rare, but do check it out before leaving the ship.

Archived