Does Club HAL have toys for toddlers to check out?

Been There, Planning That

On our HAL cruise, I spent a lot of time in Club HAL with my DD, doing craft projects with her, and no one cared. There weren't many kids there though.

I did not notice any toddler toys, and didn't see anyone checking them out, but admittedly, I was not looking for this.

Well, it's good to know that at least a parent could go into the room. As a third child she's often content to just watch the older children. From reading the HAL site I feared that adults weren't even allowed into the room.

For a late May cruise we're not expecting too many children to be onboard.

Thanks

With HAL, the older kids can move down in age if they want to. You just can't move up into an older age group. We had 32 children total on our cruise. Often, there were no more than maybe 10 children at Club HAL, and they were in the same room, though sometimes doing different activities. My then eight year old loved "helping" with the younger children.

I've pasted below a message rec'd from HAL which suggests we could be lucky and have a parent in the club room with the toddler. Since we're sailing during the school year, the number of children on board will probably be low. This is promising enough for me and all very reasonable. Obviously there's no cast in iron policy.

"We are not able to guarantee that she would be able to go to Club HAL with a parent or grandparent as it is up to the Youth Staff onboard and the number of children. We do not have toys that can be checked out. You will have to check with the staff onboard. Usually there hasn’t been a problem with it before.

If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact us.

Thank you & kind regards,

Jennifer Buckner"

Archived