John Heald as CD

Dreamcruiser185

I was on the Dream (2/13/2010-2/20/2010) and people were saying John is the BEST CD ever! I found him boring and very predictable any time I saw him at the Encore theater. He used that poor guy from "Indian Head" all week long, enough with that guy already!!! Plus some of his jokes were very "over the top" for some the family shows, I felt sorry for some familys, as they were getting up and leaving to avoid any more sex jokes and curse words.

I was looking forward to seeing him after the great reviews that I have read, to say the least I was totally let down.

Belittle-Flame_Thrower.jpg

All flaming aside, everyone has their own variety of humour. My dear mom would probably feel the same as you even though I immensley enjoy his comedy.

If he was here and saw this thread I'm sure that he would apologize for making you uncomfortable and letting you down.

I hope you are wearing your fire retardant clothing! :eek::eek:

Why? I cannot believe anybody found him "funny" all week long. Plus don't me started on the new comedy clubs, what a "joke" that was. I don't know how Jeff "The Fun Guy" keeps his job, he had to be the worst MC I have ever seen.....

We sailed with John as CD on the Liberty when Hurricane Katrina devastated NO. We had passengers on the ship from that area. I do not wish to comment about his humor (or humour, as the case may be), but he handled the disaster situation in a professional, but sensitive manner. Kudos to John!

No flames....

it is not hard to figure out that no individual is going to gel with 100% of the people. Most folks love him....others don't. No big deal....

I have sailed with him 3 times....but never as a CD. I have that pleasure in May. I booked the Fantasy just for that reason.

Why? I cannot believe anybody found him "funny" all week long. Plus don't me started on the new comedy clubs, what a "joke" that was. I don't know how Jeff "The Fun Guy" keeps his job, he had to be the worst MC I have ever seen.....

I have to agree with you on Jeff "The Fun Guy"..... a nice enough guy....

he was just corny instead of funny.

No I will not FLAME you I AGREE WITH YOU 100%%%%%. We sailed with him on the LIberty for the Grand Med and I also got tired of the SCHTICK ROUTINE and no he is not funny.

I actually would consider rebooking a cruise if he was the CD. So you can flame also.

I was on the Dream (2/13/2010-2/20/2010) and people were saying John is the BEST CD ever! I found him boring and very predictable any time I saw him at the Encore theater. He used that poor guy from "Indian Head" all week long, enough with that guy already!!! Plus some of his jokes were very "over the top" for some the family shows, I felt sorry for some familys, as they were getting up and leaving to avoid any more sex jokes and curse words.

I was looking forward to seeing him after the great reviews that I have read, to say the least I was totally let down.

props for posting this considering the crap storm sure to follow. A different perspective indeed.

I've never cruised with him myself

We sailed with John as CD on the Liberty when Hurricane Katrina devastated NO. We had passengers on the ship from that area. I do not wish to comment about his humor (or humour, as the case may be), but he handled the disaster situation in a professional, but sensitive manner. Kudos to John!

You must have been on the same Cruise as us.

Dreamcruiser185,

We've only sailed with him one time, but hope we'll get to again. Of all the CDs I've ever had, he's the only one I recall.

No I will not FLAME you I AGREE WITH YOU 100%%%%%. We sailed with him on the LIberty for the Grand Med and I also got tired of the SCHTICK ROUTINE and no he is not funny.

I actually would consider rebooking a cruise if he was the CD. So you can flame also.

I have to agree with the SCHTICK ROUTINE, he was always trying to hard to be funny at all times...

You probably suffered from high expectations. We had him not know who he was previously 11 years ago and found him very entertaining.

He can't please everyone. No one can.

No flaming here either... Although we have personally cruised with John 2xs and loved him both times, I can see where there are definitely people who would not like or understand his sense of humour (spelt correctly!!)... Each person is different...

If I were choosing between 2 ships and knew that John was going to be CD on one of them, I would choose John... But, I would also cruise again with others such as Butch and Malcolm... Although I have learned that a CD cannot make you have a good time or bad time (you make your own time), he/she can certainly enhance it and I think there are a few out there that fit that category...

Well humor is a risky business, lord knows I have bombed more than I would like to admit.

That said, I have never had a CD that I found to make my experience one way or the other. I have never sailed with John, but hope to in the future.

I wish they would work with them on their speaking though, so many get in to the habit of using words or phrases over and over. Mostly a crutch, but when you hear them over and over and over they get old.

They should have a system that every time they speak on the mic they are recorded. That would cure 90% of this issue.

crybaby.jpg

No flaming from me.

We have sailed with John as the CD 3 time now and each time he used alot of the same material, so I do understand that it can get old for repeat cruisers.

However I still feel he is the best that Carnival has to offer the people that cruise their ships.

I'm not really that big a CD cruiser though, even the worst of them could not ruin my cruise, there is just to much more on the ship to occupy my time than to go around for 7 days with my head up the butt of a CD.

If you really feel so bad about the situation, why don't you write to John on his blog, Im sure he would be more than happy to say he is sorry for making your cruise experiance so bad and who knows on your next cruise you might even get a fruit basket in your cabin LOL.:p

Sorry I couldn't resist the temptation!

No flames....

it is not hard to figure out that no individual is going to gel with 100% of the people. Most folks love him....others don't. No big deal....

I have sailed with him 3 times....but never as a CD. I have that pleasure in May. I booked the Fantasy just for that reason.

I was thrilled to see that he'll be our CD on our Fantasy cruise in May.

This will be our third cruise with John as CD. He's one of the most personable CDs.

I was thrilled to see that he'll be our CD on our Fantasy cruise in May.

This will be our third cruise with John as CD. He's one of the most personable CDs.

It will be a blast. I am kinda sad. A friend of mine that is a karaoke host was suppose to be on with us as well. He just got moved to the Dream to replace Mouna next month.

But we will have a great time!!!

No flaming from me.

We have sailed with John as the CD 3 time now and each time he used alot of the same material, so I do understand that it can get old for repeat cruisers.

However I still feel he is the best that Carnival has to offer the people that cruise their ships.

I'm not really that big a CD cruiser though, even the worst of them could not ruin my cruise, there is just to much more on the ship to occupy my time than to go around for 7 days with my head up the butt of a CD.

If you really feel so bad about the situation, why don't you write to John on his blog, Im sure he would be more than happy to say he is sorry for making your cruise experiance so bad and who knows on your next cruise you might even get a fruit basket in your cabin LOL.:p

Sorry I couldn't resist the temptation!

He in no way ruined my cruise. I guess I expected so much more based on the following he has. I feel he tried to hard to be funny all the time rather than just relax and go with the flow of the people on the ship.

It will be a blast. I am kinda sad. A friend of mine that is a karaoke host was suppose to be on with us as well. He just got moved to the Dream to replace Mouna next month.

But we will have a great time!!!

I'm sailing May 30th. Reason....our first sea day is Memorial Day...don't have to use an extra vacation day from work. :D

Archived