Question about Ceramics on Emerald Princess

angelsbaby1

Does anyone know how the ceramics classes work on the Emerald Princess? DP & I are taking my Mom (67 yo) on our trip in June and thought that it would be nice for us to do something together.

If anyone has ever done this, please tell me of your experiences. Thanks for any help!

Angel :)

It's not so much lessons as an opportunity to create your own project. They have a variety of pottery items to choose from and then paints, stamps, etc. to use to decorate them. You can come in anytime they are open and work on your project. If you want to do multiple layers of color you can come on consecutive days and allow drying time in between. Right before the end of the cruise they will fire the pottery and you can pick it up on your last day at sea. We're not exactly an artistic group but we did have fun and came home with some unique reminders of our trip.;):D

My 8 yr. old daughter and I did the pottery on the Crown a few weeks ago. It is a nice setup & they have so much to chose from. My only complaint was it seemed kind of pricey (at least compared to resorts in Mexico). My daughter did a plate & it was $30, and I did a fish spoon rest that I believe was $22 - still nice tho to bring home some homemade souveniers. Enjoy!

I am excited that there will be ceramics on the Emerald. We will be on in 3 weeks.

Several years ago, I was on the Golden Princess. My sister and I bought the 4 coaster set for $20. We each took to to decorate. I love mine and hope to be able to make some more when I get onboard.

You can work on them through the week and at the end of the week they are fired and then you can pick them up.

My 8 yr. old daughter and I did the pottery on the Crown a few weeks ago. It is a nice setup & they have so much to chose from. My only complaint was it seemed kind of pricey (at least compared to resorts in Mexico). My daughter did a plate & it was $30, and I did a fish spoon rest that I believe was $22 - still nice tho to bring home some homemade souveniers. Enjoy!

I think most of the fun would be having something that was made onboard the ship...not to mention the fun and laughs that come with the experience of making the piece (no matter how it looks :eek:). Most souvenirs are over priced anyway but the unforgettable experiences are PRICELESS :p! We can't wait!

Thanks to everyone for your feedback!

Angel :)

Archived