Captain Trym & Chantal Pillay-Selvag to Oasis??

Hey?? Is this right? I just read that Radiance's Captain Trym has been asked to report immediately to Miami for a Captains' Meeting with Captain Trym expected to become Master of Oasis right after or as a result of the meeting.

We just disembarked Radiance this past Monday. While we appreciated the Radiance, we thoroughly enjoyed Captain Trym's Comic Relief and Chantal's very personable and excellent customer service in the Windjammer--not to mention that they are both strikingly gorgeous people.

Can anyone please confirm if they know if Capt. Trym and Chantal's move to Oasis has been finalized or heard of anything directly youselves? While we're happy for them and I hope it would be a "step up" akin to a promotion--this move, if accurate is quite a surprise as Capt. Trym and Chantal had just returned in early February (and thus they are currently at the start of their rotation). Again anyone know details? Any ship board bartenders shared any "in the know" secrets? With 2 gorgeous people like them, naturally the next question is if anyone know if Capt. Trym & Chantal have kids? Any offsprings of theirs would simply have won the great genes lottery!

If this is confirmed to be true and a done deal, we shall have some familiar friendly faces to look forward to as we have Oasis booked for September 2011. Yeah!!

Hey?? Is this right? I just read that Radiance's Captain Trym has been asked to report immediately to Miami for a Captains' Meeting with Captain Trym expected to become Master of Oasis right after or as a result of the meeting.

We just disembarked Radiance this past Monday. While we appreciated the Radiance, we thoroughly enjoyed Captain Trym's Comic Relief and Chantal's very personable and excellent customer service in the Windjammer--not to mention that they are both strikingly gorgeous people.

Can anyone please confirm if they know if Capt. Trym and Chantal's move to Oasis has been finalized or heard of anything directly youselves? While we're happy for them and I hope it would be a "step up" akin to a promotion--this move, if accurate is quite a surprise as Capt. Trym and Chantal had just returned in early February (and thus they are currently at the start of their rotation). Again anyone know details? Any ship board bartenders shared any "in the know" secrets? With 2 gorgeous people like them, naturally the next question is if anyone know if Capt. Trym & Chantal have kids? Any offsprings of theirs would simply have won the great genes lottery!

If this is confirmed to be true and a done deal, we shall have some familiar friendly faces to look forward to as we have Oasis booked for September 2011. Yeah!!

Yes, it is official that Captain Trym is indeed going to the Oasis as its new Master. Chantal will be leaving Radiance soon, but she did not indicate to me where she is going. I do hope that they keep them together. They have no children and live in Florida, so the move to Oasis is closer to home for them.

The Captains meeting wasn't called just for the Trym's! It is the annual meeting that all the captains attend.

Redheada - ships have 2 masters, one on vacation while the other works. In OA case, Capt Thore will be going on vacation and Capt Trym will take over for 10 weeks. Then Capt Thore returns for 10 weeks.

Love Captain Trym Selvag and Chantal and sailing with them...One of the best cruises we have had was ROS Alaska May '09...He was so funny,personable and an amazing captain...His Mom & Dad were onboard and were they proud and rightly so !!!!! Yes, they have no children, live in Florida and he loves to play golf...The ROS will miss him, but whatever ship he commands will be full of very happy crew and passengers... I wasn't too interested about sailing Oasis, but now..Wow !!! Has that just changed !!!Good luck Captain Trym !!!!

The Captains meeting wasn't called just for the Trym's! It is the annual meeting that all the captains attend.

Redheada - ships have 2 masters, one on vacation while the other works. In OA case, Capt Thore will be going on vacation and Capt Trym will take over for 10 weeks. Then Capt Thore returns for 10 weeks.

Do you know when, wolf?

Archived