Recommendations for trip insurance for air to Europe and Mediterannean cruise

Kentucky78

Hi,

My 3 friends and I are going on a Mediterranean cruise out of Venice (which includes flying into Venice from the U.S.) This is only my second cruise and the booking we made wanted to charge us $129. Is this worth it? We're trying to look into less expensive options as we are all in good health and in our early 30's. We have looked at a company called 'Global Travel Shield' through American Express as well as directly from Royal Caribbean, which seems to be an outside company. Is there a difference booking it through the booking engine vs. the cruise-line's company vs. another company? Any suggestions would be very helpful as the costs differ significantly. I believe medical is already covered under my current health insurance (I am more concerned about trip cancellation or changes or air delays. We are planning on arriving in Venice the day before the cruise leaves to give us a 1-day cushion in case of flight delay.) Thanks!

Here is a link to a Company I used in November for my cruise which was a 10 Caribbean cruise. They were considerably less than what was offered by the cruise line or others. From my research, the insurance carrier was "A" rated. If my memory is correct, the total price for my wife and I was $151.00 (total not for each of us). They also allow you to extend your coverage while on vacation if need be. They seemed pretty good.

http://www.worldnomads.com/

Hope this helps.

Archived