WHY DO WE DO IT? Why do we bring snacks on board?!?

Luluwa

We bring a few snacks for my 13 year old, she is kind of finnicky. They do have pringles in the gift shop but they cost more than twice what we pay for them at home. She loves the cheese pizza on lido deck and the chocolate cake from room service, but sometimes she likes to nibble while watching TV. I try to bring Pringles potato chips, chips ahoy cookies, fruit by the foot, etc. Believe it or not she is far from over weight. She is ADD/ADHD and doesn't eat much during the school day, but she loves to eat when she is on the cruise.

I usually bring Doritos or pretzels because they don't exactly have savory snacks handy. I don't consider a piece of pizza a snack. And while I would love to take a cheese plate back to my cabin, I'm picky about my cheese and crackers.

Why do we bring our favorite snacks onboard when there is more food and goodies to eat than we could eat in a lifetime?

But - I always do! WHY? :rolleyes:

Not sure why you do but I don't bring any snacks for the very reason that you gave.

We do bring snack mix ..such as chex mix to snack on while sitting on our balcony drinking beer........Aren't we classy..lol

I'm with you there! We also like Baked Lay's ruffles, pumpernickel & onion pretzels, pistachios and Jelly Belly jelly beans. The cruise lines are pretty generic with their snacks.

After having watched what we eat in preparation for our cruises, sometimes there are things we crave on our diets that just arent offered on the cruise ships! Take twinkies for example!!

twinkie2.jpg

Hense the twinkie pose on our aft balcony! :D

I usually bring Doritos or pretzels because they don't exactly have savory snacks handy. I don't consider a piece of pizza a snack. And while I would love to take a cheese plate back to my cabin, I'm picky about my cheese and crackers.

I'm with you.......and because I can;)

Why do we bring our favorite snacks onboard when there is more food and goodies to eat than we could eat in a lifetime?

But - I always do! WHY? :rolleyes:

Well although it is true that there always has been- you can never take enough precautions. Maybe, just maybe, this time out they will run out of food and if not for your snacks you might starve to death on the high seas!:D

We specifically bought some snacks (packaged nuts and trail mix) in SJ before our cruise on the advice here on CC. Since our Dominica tour did not have a lunch stop or include any food, it was suggested to bring some packaged snacks along, since we can't take the ships food off. So we did, and boy are we glad! It was a long haul from breakfast until about 4:00 with only beer. I am thankful for those suggestions! In other ports we figured we could buy lunch, but we did end up taking our leftover snacks along.

Well although it is true that there always has been- you can never take enough precautions. Maybe, just maybe, this time out they will run out of food and if not for your snacks you might starve to death on the high seas!:D

Maybe because the food on the ship, is food, not snacks?

You can order chips and pretzels from room service.....

Popcorn is available at night when they show movies on the Lido Deck.

You can get munchies at most of the bars.....you sometimes have to ask....and they are different each night.

I have a weakness for Doritos :D!! I normally keep a small stash of them at work.

They are really great at 3:00 a.m. when sitting out on the balcony watching a full moon :D:D!!

But I find that either they are too high price or stale in the port cities so I just bring my own. Yes there is plenty of food on board the ship,but sometimes you have a taste for something that's not offered on board.

Archived