spoiled with Priceline and Intercontinental

lhall85917

We've stayed at the Intercontinental in downtown Miami a couple of times through wins on Priceline and I'm hoping to stay there again in June. The boards that show recent wins on Priceline are showing that 4* bidders are winning the Hyatt and I don't see any Intercontinental wins recently. Has anyone bid on this lately and received the Intercontinental?

We've stayed at the Intercontinental in downtown Miami a couple of times through wins on Priceline and I'm hoping to stay there again in June. The boards that show recent wins on Priceline are showing that 4* bidders are winning the Hyatt and I don't see any Intercontinental wins recently. Has anyone bid on this lately and received the Intercontinental?

It depends upon your dates and what is going on downtown Miami.

There are other better places to stay.

You will have better luck if you hold out until the last minute. Book something you are comfortable with now that you can cancel if you win the Intercontinental on priceline.

The recent wins don't really count because it is the time of year that counts and what is booked at the hotel that counts.

I'm going to say that a late June stay will yield better results than an early June stay.

What date(s) are you looking for. I was able to get two nights for November, 2010 on lastminutetravel. You have to do a bit of research, but it's not hard to confirm which hotel is the Intercontinential. If you need help, just let me know.

We are needing 3 rooms for June 17. I'll keep looking around, mainly I just haven't seen any Intercontinental wins lately - wondering if it is still being won on Priceline. I'll definitely check out lastminutetravel

I've looked at lastminutetravel's website today and note that you can get 3 rooms for June 17 at $100 a night plus taxes. That's great in my opinion. While it doesn't give the hotel's exact name, the ammenities to match are: 5 Star hotel, 34 floors, 66,000 square feet of event space, $34 on site parking and you can scroll down and check out the bird's eye view of the hotel which you will see in the picture. I believe there is a $25 cancellation fee, should you wish to cancel this reservation with Last Minute. I got a rate of $84 plus taxes for our stay this November, 2010. I was very excited as we stayed here last year and loved the location.:)

Archived