question about Labadee with/for kids?

Hello!

After many changes (first May, then rebooked to October, now re-rebooked back to May, but earlier than original!) we're FINALLY settled to be on Oasis the week of May 15th. I didn't ask this in the Oasis forum, though, because she's not making Labadee stops yet.

I booked a catamaran snorkeling cruise for our day in Labadee, but after reading through the forums, I'm wondering if I ought to cancel it. It seems like Labadee's probably enough to do without a specific excursion... Is there any snorkeling accessible from the beaches? We take our own equipment, so the only thing we'd gain on the boat trip is free rum punch and a different location <ggg>.

I'd also like to know how the kids club works at Labadee - does Adventure Ocean take them to the beach for the day? Do I have to attend as well if they go with AO, or could we do something else while they're at the beach?

Thanks so much for your help!

JC

There is plenty to do in Labadee. Not sure what the rules are on snorkeling (if you have your own equipment). I remember seeing some people in the regular swim area with snorkel gear. What I can answer is the kids club......they have 2 sessions on Labadee. They are there right after you get off the ship until noon. They shut down at noon! There is NOO kids club from noon to 1pm. Found this out the hard way. Booked wave runners for 12 thinking the kids would be over there.....nope, had to reschedule! There was no kids club available on the ship while in Labadee (if I remember correctly, if I'm wrong someone will correct me I'm sure), just on the beach.

I did the zipline, hubby did parasailing, then we both did wave runners. There is plenty to do if you don't book an excursion though (IMHO).

We NEVER pay additional on the ship's beach day....that day is included in your price! It's a beach--there's plenty to do! You can even bring your own cheap blow-up rafts, so you don't have to pay the $8-10 for their "floats"....

There's sand, water, shade, trails....if you can't amuse yourself on such a lovely beach...I don't know what to tell you!

Snorkeling is available in Labadee, BUT, it is not the best in the Caribbean, the areas can be effected by undercurrents which stir up the sand near the shoreline.

So if snorkeling is your thing, doing from a boat slightly of shore might prove better than from the beach. Enjoy your cruise.

Archived