Can we ask for the frig to be emptied in cabin?

hartskys

Sure you can ask ... some times they say ok, but often they say no, no where to move the stuff to.

Or just ask to have it unlocked and move the stuff yourself to the top of the dresser. Our friend had to ask a few times just to get it unlocked, she needed to store meds.

If you request and it's granted, make sure you tip well for it.

Also, be prepared to be told no.

Make sure you scrutinize your S&S charges at the end of the week.

Is there any chance we would charged for anything? If they empty it where do they take it?

Is there any chance we would charged for anything? If they empty it where do they take it?

Often on top of the desk. Thats why we said they may or may not move it out of the cabin. They have no where to move it to.

You can move it out of the refrig just as easy as they can to the top of the desk.

Once in a while they will move it out of the cabin.

Couldn't I just have them move it to one of the shelves in the closet? Tip them to move it. I know it sounds silly, but then they moved it and there is no confusion on if I took something or not. Then they can check in the closet everyday to see if I took anything out of there. I mean what is the diff. between opening the fridge door or the closet door? And it solves their storage issue.

At least that was going to be my response if they tell me no. Then if I still get a no, I will live with it...eazzzy peazzzy.

Couldn't I just have them move it to one of the shelves in the closet? Tip them to move it. I know it sounds silly, but then they moved it and there is no confusion on if I took something or not. Then they can check in the closet everyday to see if I took anything out of there. I mean what is the diff. between opening the fridge door or the closet door? And it solves their storage issue.

At least that was going to be my response if they tell me no. Then if I still get a no, I will live with it...eazzzy peazzzy.

Hopefully your steward won't mind just removing the items from your cabin. If that fails, just let him/her know that you're hiding the goodies in your closet.

Why on earth would anyone accept a "No" answer on the steward emptying the refrigerator? You PAY for this refrigerator, and it is yours to use for the duration of the cruise. We were told "No" by our room steward when we asked him to remove the items that we would never use. We explained to him nicely that we'd paid for that refrigerator for the length of the cruise and that we wished to have it available for things that we needed to keep cold. When he told us that it simply could not be done, we asked to see his supervisor. It was then that he promptly and courteously emptied the refridgerator.

Taters

Dont know how this would make a difference if its in the closet, not locked up or on the desk, not locked up. Either way they are either all there at the end of your cruise or they arent.

Most people want them to move it all the way out of the cabin, so they cant be billed later.

Why on earth would anyone accept a "No" answer on the steward emptying the refrigerator? You PAY for this refrigerator, and it is yours to use for the duration of the cruise. We were told "No" by our room steward when we asked him to remove the items that we would never use. We explained to him nicely that we'd paid for that refrigerator for the length of the cruise and that we wished to have it available for things that we needed to keep cold. When he told us that it simply could not be done, we asked to see his supervisor. It was then that he promptly and courteously emptied the refridgerator.

Taters

I'm usually one that pushes the envelope and is my job to get things done. Really can't take no in some cases.

But in this case I'll take my no.... Why? Would you really want to "upset" the one person who could make your week, or whatever the length, a very pleasant one, or not so pleasant.

Yea Yea, its their job. But you will miss out on the little things they do. Count on it.

BTW... Does it really say you are entitled to that refrig? Or is that an assumption because it is in the room YOU payed for....

I'm usually one that pushes the envelope and is my job to get things done. Really can't take no in some cases.

But in this case I'll take my no.... Why? Would you really want to "upset" the one person who could make your week, or whatever the length, a very pleasant one, or not so pleasant.

Yea Yea, its their job. But you will miss out on the little things they do. Count on it.

BTW... Does it really say you are entitled to that refrig? Or is that an assumption because it is in the room YOU payed for....

Plus, it is always locked, and only unlocked if you answer YES to if you are going to use it (in our experience, except when we were in a suite).

I once had the fridge emtied and a few days later there was a charge on my SS card. I checked at the front desk and after investigating they took the charges off. Now I just leave everything in my room.

Story:

CCL Liberty 07, had steward empty fridge and he was glad to.

That evening we found a drawer full of the fridge items which we assumed were from the last cabin guest. The steward remove these also.

Sorry if this is a dense question, but having never sailed with Carnival before, what's in the fridge??? Evidently whatever it is ain't free lol :D This might be something I wanna know b4 we cruise on the Liberty in December;) TIA!

It's a mini bar.

In all our cruises, the steward has never removed them from the room. They move them to the bottom drawer or place in an extra waste basket. They can't place on shelf because of the ships movement. and have to be replaced the last evening.

been on 8 cruises have had the fridge emptied every time no problem. just ask the room steward. have fun and enjoy your cruise.

Us too. Same number of cruises on 3 different lines. We always tip when we ask and the stewards have always been happy to do it-not even a sideways look or a hairy eyeball! I am stunned to read that others have not had this experience. Most of the time, we were then asked to sign a log indicating that the items have been removed from the room.

Archived