Online Prices for U.S. Citizens Only???

Bahama Gal85

Hey guys,

Been looking at the online prices on Carnivals website. They are waaaaaayyyyy lower than what we are paying through our travel agent (in the Bahamas). Are these prices online for everyone? Are they the final prices that they advertise on their site?

Generally the US website (.com) is for US passengers as things are purchases there assuming US contract laws I believe. I do not know, however, if Carnival in particular will allow you to book if your address is outside of the US or not. The prices you see on the site typically do not include taxes and fees until you get to into a reservation ... so $249 each may be $300 after taxes and fees.

I've met passengers from Europe on different two cruises who use the SAME person at my HUGE online Travel Agency.............:D It was such an amazing thing to find out in both cases. No, we hadn't even asked how they "got" their cruise; it just happened....so, I don't think online agencies are for U.S. passengers at all. Just check!;)

A lot of cruise lines forbid US travel agents from selling cruises to overseas people looking to get a decent price.

So here in the UK, we pay the £ figure of your stated $ price, about 30-50% more expensive than going through a US agent or even through the cruise lines' American websites.:(

One of the sites has a statement as below:

"International Booking Rules

We are able to offer the deeply discounted U.S. rates of most of the cruise lines we represent to citizens of other countries. However, the following cruise lines now prohibit all U.S. travel agencies (including xxxx) from selling cruises to citizens of countries other than the U.S. and Canada, unless they have a residence in the U.S. or Canada. This is not a xxx or a U.S. government policy, it is a corporate policy instituted by each of these cruise lines.

Celebrity

Costa Cruises

Cunard

Holland America

MSC Cruises

Oceania Cruises

Princess*

Royal Caribbean

Star Clippers

*Residents of Mexico are permitted to book Princess through TA

Note: Residents of the U.K. and Australia may not book P&O Cruises through TA.

Archived