"LIVE" From the Oasis of the Seas / March 6, 2010

We made it to Nassau, Bahamas ! We arrived at 1130 AM. It is still cloudy with a chance of showers. . .It is warm though (77F)

We went Ice skating this morning, and climbed the Wall. Mrs Radio also did the ZipLine ! She loved it.

They just cleared the ship for all passengers about 12:15PM. We are off to Nassau, and will post when I return.

Radio

;);)

Thank you Mr. & Mrs. Radio!!! We are really enjoying your wonderful posts and pictures. :D Hopefully, some of us who have enjoyed this so much will also do some posting while we are cruising on the Oasis! Not sure if my DH would be quite as patient as Mrs. Radio with the time commitment, but we all appreciate it so much!!! Enjoy the rest of your day in Nassau and tonight onboard the Oasis. :)

Hey Radio

We heard about the itinerary change on CC yesterday. It looks like the June is when they change Nassau to the beginning instead of the end, so now there are two sea days at the end of the cruise, so can you snoop around and see if you can find out why they have changed.

We are booked 9-11-2010 and I have not really been too excited about this cruise, but after going on this virtual cruise with you, I am really looking forward to Sept, thanks for whetting my appetite.

I was on the Oasis 3 weeks ago with 5677 guests. The only show that was always at capacity was the Aqua Show....you MUST make reservations for that one. All the other shows had plenty of empty seats for any last minute people. :)

Since we have 11729, last room overlooking the pool and show, Can i charge to have GUESTS come and enjoy the show from our Room....Maybe one of those Tall Frosty Alchol Drinks in the FUN Gllass as a TIP!!!

Just wondering.

Mike

Hey Radio

We heard about the itinerary change on CC yesterday. It looks like the June is when they change Nassau to the beginning instead of the end, so now there are two sea days at the end of the cruise, so can you snoop around and see if you can find out why they have changed.

We are booked 9-11-2010 and I have not really been too excited about this cruise, but after going on this virtual cruise with you, I am really looking forward to Sept, thanks for whetting my appetite.

Actauuly, the change starts in two weeks. They switched Nassau to the begining of our cruise. I don't know if it's permenant though. The change for our cruise is so Oasis won't be in Nassau on Good Friday, when everything is likely to be closed.

Would love to know which camera you are using, sorry if you have already answered this Radio...I would love to try that zip line too..

I use several cameras for "LIVE" Posts. . .but most have been taken with a Sony DSC-H10. I use a Wide angle lens, and sometimes a telephoto lens.

Radio

;);)

Radio, as always I love your "Live" posts.

Since the first talk about this ship I have been, "There is no way in you know what to get me on this ship with THAT many passengers." After seeing your pics I think I have come to my senses and want to see her. Your pics as well as your posts are wonderful.

Along with many others, THANK YOU!!! for taking time out of your cruise to feed our cruise hunger.

Tim

There are no shows that MUST be booked, however you can get reservations for many shows on line prior to your cruise. . . You can Pre Book Hairspray, Oasis of Dreams, the Comedy Show(s), Frozen In Time (Ice Show)and Come Fly with Me.

This can be done 90 days before your sailing. But if you forget, there is no worries. You should be able to get to any show because there are alot of no shows.

If you are unable to pre book online. You can do so onboard at the Box Office.

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Maybe Radio, or anyone for that matter, can answer this. Are pre-bookings of shows (i.e. the ice show) or the waivers for sport activities available online for any ship other than Oasis? I am sailing on the Liberty OTS in May and was wondering if this was possible for my sailing. Radio, great pictures by the way, I'm jealous! Theres something to be said for someone who takes time out of their vacation to share the experience with everyone else.

I was wondering about the carousel as well. If the lines were horrible. My DDs saw a picture of the Oasis recently and have asked to vacation on her - for that carousel. Wasn't sure if they would be disappointed, due to so many people - it being too hard to get on.

Maybe Radio, or anyone for that matter, can answer this. Are pre-bookings of shows (i.e. the ice show) or the waivers for sport activities available online for any ship other than Oasis? I am sailing on the Liberty OTS in May and was wondering if this was possible for my sailing. Radio, great pictures by the way, I'm jealous! Theres something to be said for someone who takes time out of their vacation to share the experience with everyone else.

Not that I know of....

sometimes it will come up in your my cruises account but as soon as you click on it (i.e. MTD reservations) the next screen will say something like..'not available on this ship...'

Radio....thanks so much for all of the pictures and "hints". I was looking forward to our 5/1/10 cruise on Oasis before you gave your "live" reports. But now you have me totally hooked that I just can't wait. Thanks for taking the time from your wonderful vacation to give everybody a taste of what it's like on board. RCCL should put you on the books as an advertising agent:D

FFlady

Actauuly, the change starts in two weeks. They switched Nassau to the begining of our cruise. I don't know if it's permenant though. The change for our cruise is so Oasis won't be in Nassau on Good Friday, when everything is likely to be closed.

When you look at the Oasis cruises the itinerarys for this cruise dont change unitl June 5th,

There are no shows that MUST be booked, however you can get reservations for many shows on line prior to your cruise. . . You can Pre Book Hairspray, Oasis of Dreams, the Comedy Show(s), Frozen In Time (Ice Show)and Come Fly with Me.

This can be done 90 days before your sailing. But if you forget, there is no worries. You should be able to get to any show because there are alot of no shows.

If you are unable to pre book online. You can do so onboard at the Box Office.

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thanks Radio.....our vacations are all about "NO PLANNING" so there's no way I'd want to book shows before we're on the ship. How would I know what I want to do when?? LOL I'll take the chance that we can go and see a show whenever we feel like it.........LOL

When you look at the Oasis cruises the itinerarys for this cruise dont change unitl June 5th,

Yes but it was changed specifically for my week, the March 27th - April 3rd cruise, because the Friday of that cruise falls on Good Friday. I got an email from RCCI notifying me of the change.

Hello everyone. . . We left Nassau promptly at 7PM, and are on our way to Fort Lauderdale.

We got off of the ship today by about 1PM, and we really didn’t do much at all . . . Except to walk around a few downtown shops.

We did go over to the British Colonial Hilton for a bit. I like to go over there whenever I am in Nassau, to take a few photos of the ships in port.

The sun stayed behind the clouds most of the day, so I was unable to get some good pics. On the way back we had to stop at Starbucks in Nassau for a nice Coffee.

With 5 ships in Port today, things were a little hectic with many passengers trying to get the gift that they forgot. I was able to get some Conch Fritters in Cruise Terminal (Festival Place), and they were great !

The Oasis of the Seas should be arriving in Port tomorrow before 5AM.

We have been told that the first passengers will be getting off between 615AM, and 730AM. We will be getting off when they call the last passenger to be off of the ship !

I still have a few photos to take, so I will be all over tomorrow. I will be spending the night near Orlando, FL tomorrow. That should be about a 4 Hr drive (depending on traffic). I will catch the AutoTrain on Sunday morning for my final arrival home on Monday Morning. I will still be posting tomorrow morning, and plan to post (more pics) when I arrive at my Hotel tomorrow afternoon. I know I have posted many pics already, but most of them have not been seen and I will try to get to them quickly.

When I get to my Hotel tomorrow, I will read through the whole thread again, to make sure that all questions have been answered.

Thanks for all of the nice comments, and thanks to everyone for tuning in.

Wow. . . It is raining hard now, as I am out on my balcony typing this post. At least mother nature waited till the last day for a heavy rain !

Radio

Pulling into Nassau Harbor past the Lighthouse

F20.JPG

Welcome to Nassau. . .

F25.JPG

The Oasis of the Seas commands attention in Nassau !

F43.JPG

The AFT End of Oasis of the Seas next to Carnival Destiny

F35.JPG

5 Ships grace Nassau Harbor today

F54.JPG

We leave Nassau Bahamas for Fort Lauderdale

F88.JPG

Radio,

Loved your pictures and comments made me feel like I was on board with you. Thank you for sharing your cruise with us.

Just one question who is the cruise director on the Oasis and are there any plans to change cruise directors before our sailing on March 27.

Again thank you for taking the time out of your vacation to share it with all of us.

Archived