Should the fridge be empty and not a profit center?

steveaaaaa

Should the fridge be empty and not a profit center?  

357 members have voted

1. 1. Should the fridge be empty and not a profit center?

• Yes
    • No
    • It should be called a wet bar in the room description
    • I don't care

I have no issues with the fridge or area above the fridge having soda as well as water for sale. I find it is handy and if I do not want to drink the items, I do not have to. Some will argue that it takes up space, and yes it does, but it is not that great of an area and you can always ask the cabin steward to remove the items if you are in need of the space or do not want the temptation of consuming the items. If they will not remove the items, then that can be frustrating, but not something that will affect my cruise experience.

I have no issues with the fridge or area above the fridge having soda as well as water for sale. I find it is handy and if I do not want to drink the items, I do not have to. Some will argue that it takes up space, and yes it does, but it is not that great of an area and you can always ask the cabin steward to remove the items if you are in need of the space or do not want the temptation of consuming the items. If they will not remove the items, then that can be frustrating, but not something that will affect my cruise experience.

Same here. And I've never had a cabin steward refuse to remove the items from the fridge. :)

No problem for me either. I feel if it wasn't a "profit center" then my fare for the cruise would be higher, so I say "leave all that crap in the fridge". (I usually don't even have the steward unlock it anyway!) ;)

"SKY"

Let me start by saying we bought one large bottle of water and two cans of soda from the mini bar, which I probably would not have bought if it weren't right there.

but I also used the fridge for bottled water we bought elsewhere. would have liked more room to store our own stuff.

I have had a room steward refuse to remove the stuff from the fridge, so I packed it all in a small bag until the last day I put it back. He was fine with that. Most of the time though, they have removed it at my request.

This last cruise I did use a bottle of water. It cost me $4.54. At first I thought that was crazy, but then thought I pay $1 for a bottle about 1/4 that size at the convenience store back home, so what's the big deal??? A lot cheaper than getting sick drinking the water in Mexico.

I would like to say, as much as we love to think Carnival is just there to serve our every whim, and nothing more, it is a business, and it's main objective, as in any business, is to make money. Why begrudge their attempts to make that extra buck here and there, you can always say no, AND those little add ons keeps the overall price of the cruise down so all us cheapskates can still cruise.

I have had a room steward refuse to remove the stuff from the fridge, so I packed it all in a small bag until the last day I put it back. He was fine with that. Most of the time though, they have removed it at my request.

This last cruise I did use a bottle of water. It cost me $4.54. At first I thought that was crazy, but then thought I pay $1 for a bottle about 1/4 that size at the convenience store back home, so what's the big deal??? A lot cheaper than getting sick drinking the water in Mexico.

I would like to say, as much as we love to think Carnival is just there to serve our every whim, and nothing more, it is a business, and it's main objective, as in any business, is to make money. Why begrudge their attempts to make that extra buck here and there, you can always say no, AND those little add ons keeps the overall price of the cruise down so all us cheapskates can still cruise.

Do people complain about hotel rooms with the same set up??? :rolleyes:

I don't really care either way.

Got alot more important things to concern myself with than a stupid fridg.

I always bring a folding cooler with me, so I don't need a fridg.

It's a vacation people, don't sweat the small stuff!:rolleyes:

I don't care one way or the other. I've never used the fridge and never consumed anything from it, nor would I. It's always been locked. I have no interest in anything in there at all.

It's only a "profit center" when one chooses to take from it. Nobody is twisting your arm to eat or drink anything it contains.

hey - as long as they don't make them like the ones in Vegas (where if you even touch something it's automatically charged to your room), I'm okay with it.

If I want a pop or drink or something, it's right there. It's not like the prices are really different from the on ship bar prices (at least based on the price lists I've seen).

If I want a pop or drink or something, it's right there. It's not like the prices are really different from the on ship bar prices (at least based on the price lists I've seen).

Which makes me wonder...do ship bars tack on gratuity if you order a soda (pop)? If so, then wouldn't a can from the stateroom fridge actually be cheaper?

Actually...since they are coolers and not refrigerators, they don't keep beer as cold as it needs to be....so it does not matter to me. :D

Hear! Hear! First, get Carnival to give us REAL fridges in the rooms and THEN come back and ask this poll...bet you get completely different results...:cool:

For those people that dont use the fridge at all, it would be nice to remove the whole unit out of the room and free up floor space. Maybe they should have special rooms without it and charge a cheaper rate

actually the rooms without it would probably charge a higher rate, since there's no chance of them selling anything.

It doesn't bother me that they try to make a profit on extras, it keeps the cruise fare down and gives me a choice, drink something or not. Usually we do drink a few sodas during the cruise (since we don't normally drink them at all, it's another "splurge")

actually the rooms without it would probably charge a higher rate, since there's no chance of them selling anything.

there's no chance of them selling anything when it is always locked and you need to request it to be unlocked. :confused::confused:

Hear! Hear! First, get Carnival to give us REAL fridges in the rooms and THEN come back and ask this poll...bet you get completely different results...:cool:

yep....a bucket of ice keeps things colder. :p

but then again..real refrigerators would require more power than the present outlets could probably deliver. :rolleyes:

Doesn't kill me for it to be there - just another top to use. You can choose to consume items or not. Plus the people who bring cases of pop, water, beer, juice etc where would they keep everything - guaranteed they won't be buying from the fridge but like the convenience of it being there.

Archived