Honest Opinion of Great Stirrup Cay

Dancinfeet

What is your honest opinion of Great Stirrup Cay? We were there 3 years ago while cruising on NCL Jewel, and wasn't that impressed. Much too crowded. You were lucky to find a place to sit and when you did you were right on top of everyone around you. Then when you were ready to go you had to wait in a very long line to get to the tender. We are thinking of skipping the island altogether and enjoyng a quiet afternoon poolside on our next cruise on the Jewel March 28th. Has anyone went there more than once? I have read that there is a lot of work going on at the island.

i've been there twice, once with royal caribbean and once with norwegian.

the snorkeling is a joke as there is nothing worth while to look at. guess i've been spoiled with the snorkeling in belize.

took the walk to the lighthouse which you can't go in and back.

really nothing to do but sunbath in my opinion.

I thought it was nice for a few hours. I like to go swimming, have a couple drinks, eat lunch, lay down for awhile and head back to the ship. It is not a port that I have to go back to, but would get off the ship for a little while again if I were there.

Was there on the Pearl a bout a year ago and thought it was AWFUL. The beach is nice but nowhere close to big enough to accomodate all those people. By 11:30 people were literally pulling their chairs inches in front of us. I thought the luch was weak also. Next time I would probably stay on the ship.

Archived