Beware!! Westerdam Capt. Waits for noboby

jbruch

Wang Wang, anyone?

If I had all the ingredients, I'd be mixing one up now! Where's Boozee when you need him??

DH & I have been thinking about having an adult beverage or two - now seems to be as good a time as any...:D

Grey Goose martini for anyone??

Yes he did mess up.....but why would you have compassion for him? It's amazing to me that people would defend this behavior.

It's odd to me that you think some of us are defending his behavior. It was the pack mentality here that I had/have a problem with.

Yes,even though he messed up I do have some compassion for him. I can't imagine what it would be like to watch the ship sail off with your family on it. Again,he did not commit any crime.

If I had all the ingredients, I'd be mixing one up now! Where's Boozee when you need him??

DH & I have been thinking about having an adult beverage or two - now seems to be as good a time as any...:D

Grey Goose martini for anyone??

Booze Booze; funny guy!

IMG_0894.jpg

As I said earlier this is a public forum. I agree that the person who missed the ship is wrong.

However your "group" does not dictate the thoughts of another person if your group does not simply like them. Censorship is not one of the freedoms we enjoy in this country.

Thank you,

Mike

I have more posts than luvs2travl. So I am not a newbie. That which was written there is way off base. His/her statement "You are a newbie around here, and seem to want to stir up trouble. We like each other. We don't care if one of us shouts, 'cause we all agree with her." is totally ridiculous.

Copper, read my post. I wrote "If it was."

If you people want to continue to rant and rave about how terrible and bad the OP was, have at it. You seem to enjoy sticking the knife into him and twisting it, and twisting it again. Wow, you are all really ladies and gentlemen. :eek:

Bob :cool:

Wingit: Not sure of who you are, but thank you for your post.

I agree with the posters who say tough luck to the man who missed the cruise sailing. Too bad for him. Plain and simple.

It's just the level of shouting and believe that this board is for a chosen few who will dictate to others their ownership of this public forum.

Folks disagree with me, never an issue. Just do it in simple plain font.

thanks

Mike

Who I am is a member of Cruise Critic. Which is defined as:

"Cruise Critic's message boards is a community of people who absolutely LOVE cruising.

I don't "know" anyone on this board. I'm not really interested in fonts. I was merely asking sapper1 if she really meant to instruct other members she considered "outsiders". That really is the moderator's job -- which they do very well. I don't know sapper1 and she is likely not interested in my input. So...FWIW --- carry on!

Best regards to all.

If you people want to continue to rant and rave about how terrible and bad the OP was, have at it. You seem to enjoy sticking the knife into him and twisting it, and twisting it again. Wow, you are all really ladies and gentlemen. :eek:

I don't believe people are upset with what he DID; we are upset with his ANGER and trying to convince others that HAL is a bad line with poor service, etc...with the red thumb down and nasty remark about the Captain.

Tell him to go to the thread about Man Overboard and read ALL that HAL did for that family.................now, that's a Thread that shows how much we CCers care for one another.

Being ANGRY at others for what one has done himself accompilshes nothing but stirring up more anger..............to what end?

Accept responsibility and move on. YOU made a mistake; it's no one else's fault............that's all there is to it.

WOW!

I just got on to see if he, himself has returned to chat with us..............

NOW we are called "sheeple" because we FOLLOW THE RULES.

Again, this is a lost cause.

If he continues to cruise he will continue to challenge the rules. That's fine if he doesn't get angry with everyone else when he suffers the consequences.

His poor wife and children.........................

I have more posts than luvs2travl. So I am not a newbie. That which was written there is way off base. His/her statement "You are a newbie around here, and seem to want to stir up trouble. We like each other. We don't care if one of us shouts, 'cause we all agree with her." is totally ridiculous.

Copper, read my post. I wrote "If it was."

You are a 'newbie' to this thread. You've made maybe 4 or 5 posts, all critical of those of us that have been posting here for the past few days. I guess that makes you more of a 'gentleman' than anyone posting here.

No one is sticking the knife in anyone - just trying to get across a very obvious point that is 100% lost on the OP.

In 2005 on the Westerdam, we called on Nassau Bahamas, arriving early, leaving early, midday...

On a lark I went to a spot high on the stern. expecting to watch people running back to get to the ship on time...

I found myself standing next to the ships security officer... He was watching too, looking for late passengers and that last late ships tour.

Over the PA we could hear them paging passengers... he confirmed that they were looking for the missing...

From this spot we could see nearly a half mile of pier... he wanted to see if anyone was rushing to the ship before calling for gangway up...

Holland takes this seriously.... they generally leave after the deadline given to the passengers... but don't count on it. And if you arrive after the deadline, and get a chance to wave goodbye to the ship... your best option is trying to get aboard the pilot boat... optionally book a plane to the next island... but don't blame Holland.

I think when someone submits a post like this, the members of this board have a right to comment on it. If one does not like the comments, don't leave yourself open by posting. I did not think the posters were being harsh on the guy who submitted it. They were just giving honest asscessment of the situation as posted by the original poster.

Sorry i don't agree 5pm is 5pm, i know he was late but things happen and the ship was supposed to leave at 5pm.. I get annoyed sometimes with the cruise lines they list port times until 5 or 6pm when it is really 4:30 or 5:30. I know they have to keep a schedule and i always make sure i am back in time. I have been on rccl where they waited which i was surprized at but i thought it was very good of them. I think they should have allowed the pilot boat to take him to the boat.

Sorry if I was confusing or misleading to you - no intent to do so! Can I still be in your club - please?? :o

Ah, yes, I have enjoyed the thread "Special Touches that Make a HAL cruise for you."

Anyway, welcome to HUSH! You are now an official "member of the herd."

Lol! That's funny! That's my thread. And I was one of the few people that thought treatment of that guy might be a little harsh. :) Mind you, I said "a little" - not a lot!

Love your thread!! Want to join HUSH!?

Archived