What about a canopy from home for HMC?

divinmule

Ok so this maybe a stupid question but I have been debating the idea of bringing a small walmart type collapsible canopy to HMC. My plan is to be on the boat early and try to get a cabana on HMC because we have several elderly folks and kids traveling with us..but I figured if that plan failed...I needed a backup.:rolleyes:

The little covers are fairly light weight and easy to put up and I figured we could secure them to some beach chairs to give weight as needed if the wind was brisk...

I know they might be a bit ugly to some folks so I was planning on going down the beach a little way and put it on the beach but near the tree line.

Has anybody done this before? Any ideas?

Lari

Sounds pretty tacky and unsightly to me.

Yeah that's what I thought too..better to let the old people...especially the one just finishing chemo... bake in the hot sun and get blistered. I mean the island is so small...there is no way to move away from the group from the boat....and he just needs to get over himself...who do these old sick folks think they are anyway...

Of course if carnival would just let me rent the cabana now maybe we could keep him and the other elderly folks out of the sun without being so tacky.

As long as you don't mind bringing it, I can't see where it would affect anyone....but, there is plenty of shade around....Folks bring their own floats/toys....They won't stop you from bringing a canopy.

But, anyone who's had enough "beach" can head back to the ship and relax in A/C...you don't have to stay all day!

Yeah that's what I thought too..better to let the old people...especially the one just finishing chemo... bake in the hot sun and get blistered. I mean the island is so small...there is no way to move away from the group from the boat....and he just needs to get over himself...who do these old sick folks think they are anyway...

Of course if carnival would just let me rent the cabana now maybe we could keep him and the other elderly folks out of the sun without being so tacky.

Way to get all defensive when someone offered an opinion that you asked for just because it wasn't the opinion you want to hear.

If you want to bring a canopy as a back up, go ahead. No one will stop you.

Sounds like too much work to me. But who really cares what it looks like unless you build it out of rags and rusty metal pipes? Sheesh. I prefer to look at that over fat 50 year old men who strut around like Apollo Ohno.

Why don't you call the cruiseline and plead your case? Perhaps they can arrange something for you under the circumstances. Toll free #, not much to lose by asking. Let us know how it goes.

I seriously doubt the cruise line would even allow such an arrangement.

There are cabanas, clam shells, and shade trees if you are looking for shade.

Thank you for the info...that is helpful and appreciated.

Way to get all defensive when someone offered an opinion that you asked for just because it wasn't the opinion you want to hear.

Its the tone that tends to get me rialed on this board...a more polite answer could have said the same thing without being quite so condescending and then the poster could have suggested the alternatives that he was nice enough to give later...guess I am just to Southern for the internet sometimes.

Its the tone that tends to get me rialed on this board...a more polite answer could have said the same thing without being quite so condescending and then the poster could have suggested the alternatives that he was nice enough to give later...guess I am just to Southern for the internet sometimes.

No, I agree that the tone of the post could have been a bit more tactful, but everyone has their off days.

Did you call and ask the cruise lines? I think it's a good question. It would be nice for them I'm sure to be able to sit by the water too. I hope everything works out and they can enjoy their time there too. Time with them is more important than how the beach looks. Enjoy and good luck!! Let us know if you can bring a canopy because I'm sure there are others that would like to know. Karma.

Archived