Drink of the Day Question

My cruise is in 2 months, 9 days, so I am getting into full gear planning mode! I will be on the Carnival Pride. :D

My question is about Carnival's DOD. I know that you can get the souvenir glass and then refills are slightly cheaper. Is this glass good for the whole trip for the cheaper refills, or do you have to buy a new glass each day?

Also, I don't know if this exists, but is there a list of the various drinks of the day? I'm just curious as to what they are.

My cruise is in 2 months, 9 days, so I am getting into full gear planning mode! I will be on the Carnival Pride. :D

My question is about Carnival's DOD. I know that you can get the souvenir glass and then refills are slightly cheaper. Is this glass good for the whole trip for the cheaper refills, or do you have to buy a new glass each day?

Also, I don't know if this exists, but is there a list of the various drinks of the day? I'm just curious as to what they are.

It is good for the entire cruise and you can get any drink in it (not just the drink of the day). I will see if I can find the list

I was just on the Dream and you can use the same cup all week if you wish. I had a DOD (or two...or three) every day and came home with 2 cups. One bartender was even nice enough to give me the discount when I told him I forgot my cup in our room (which I really did).

From what I remember...the DOD on the first day is, of course, The Fun Ship Special. That one was my favorite. Another one was 'Ultimate Suntan'. They have fun names...but they all kinda taste alike to me! Enjoy!

Hi Broadway..when you buy your DOD in the Carnival glass it is costing you more only because you are buying the glass..you will not be getting a discount on the drinks after that, you will just be paying the regular price..wether you have it in the glass or not it will cost you the same..

Just off the Sensation's 2-21-10 sailing. The DOD is cheaper when you refill your glass and YES you CAN use the same glass the whole time although I personally have 4 glasses now....hmmmm;). ANYWAY, the DOD is great! I personally liked the Fun ship special the best and you can get any DOD for the special price any day even when it is not that DOD day:rolleyes:. Now, if you want to get even more bang for your buck, request the drink with no ice. That's right, no ice.:cool: They fill those glasses up with so much ice that it does not leave room for drink. Sooo if you get it with no ice you can sip it down a bit and then add ice yourself from the Lido deck if you want too. Seriously, by getting it without the ice you will get a LOT more DRINK!

You can also buy the drink in a regular glass/cup for $4.95. It is a little smaller, but maybe a better value.

And they accept the bar/drink coupons for the regular glass. I just did this, and came home with little, if any bar bill!

Just off the Sensation's 2-21-10 sailing. The DOD is cheaper when you refill your glass and YES you CAN use the same glass the whole time although I personally have 4 glasses now....hmmmm;). ANYWAY, the DOD is great! I personally liked the Fun ship special the best and you can get any DOD for the special price any day even when it is not that DOD day:rolleyes:. Now, if you want to get even more bang for your buck, request the drink with no ice. That's right, no ice.:cool: They fill those glasses up with so much ice that it does not leave room for drink. Sooo if you get it with no ice you can sip it down a bit and then add ice yourself from the Lido deck if you want too. Seriously, by getting it without the ice you will get a LOT more DRINK!

Oh never thought of that!!! I like that Idea!

Here are some of the drinks:

Goombay Smash

3/4 fluid ounce bacardi spiced rum

1/2 fluid ounce bicardi light rum

1/4 fluid ounce apricot brandy

1/2 fluid ounce coconut cream

2 fluid ounces pineapple juice

Blend all ingredients together, pour over ice and garnish with pineapple slice

The Fun Ship

1 fluid ounce vodka

1 1/2 fluid ounces Bacardi light rum

1 1/4 fluid ounces apricot brandy

1/4 fluid ounce Amaretto

6 fluid ounces fruit punch

Blend all ingredients together, pour over ice and garnish with orange slice and cherry.

Caribbean Breeze

1 fluid ounce bacardi spiced rum

1/4 fluid ounce de kuyper creme de banane

1/4 fluid ounce de kuyper apricot brandy

1 fluid ounce orange juice

1 fluid ounce pineapple juice

3/4 fluid ounce coconut cream

1/4 fluid ounce grenadine

Blend all ingredients together, pour over ice and garnish with pineapple slice.

Ultimate Suntan

1 fluid ounce rum

1/4 fluid ounce creme de banana

1/4 fluid ounce blackberry brandy

1 1/2 fluid ounces prepared sweet-and-sour mix

1 1/2 fluid ounces orange juice

grenadine, float

Blend all ingredients together, except the grenadine, pour over ice, float the grenadine over the top and garnish with orange slice.

Yellowbird

0.75 oz. Vodka

0.75 oz. Orange Juice

0.75 oz. Cream

0.5 oz. Galliano

0.75 oz. white creme de cacao

Instruction:

Add ingredients to a mixing glass filled with ice. Shake and strain into chilled glass.

Ashley :)

These are from the 5 day on the Triumph.

I don't know what they have on the 7 day

Funship special

Yellow Bird

Blue Margarita

Caribbean Breeze

Ultimate Suntan

(I checked my capers)

Do you know what is in these drinks? They all sound good and I

wish I had one now.:)

And they accept the bar/drink coupons for the regular glass. I just did this, and came home with little, if any bar bill!

Where do you get the drink Coupons? Is this something they give you when you board or do you have to get them on your own?

Dude thanks for the tip...I'll definitely be doing it in a few weeks. As savvy as I am about maximizing my alcohol distribution, I can't believe I never thought of it;)

Wow, do I feel dumb. At over 50 years of age, and many years of enjoying cocktails, I never thought of this. I don't like beverages really cold and normally do self-serve soft drinks with just a couple of cubes. Why, oh why, did I never think of this??

Here are some of the drinks:

Goombay Smash

3/4 fluid ounce bacardi spiced rum

1/2 fluid ounce bicardi light rum

1/4 fluid ounce apricot brandy

1/2 fluid ounce coconut cream

2 fluid ounces pineapple juice

Blend all ingredients together, pour over ice and garnish with pineapple slice

The Fun Ship

1 fluid ounce vodka

1 1/2 fluid ounces Bacardi light rum

1 1/4 fluid ounces apricot brandy

1/4 fluid ounce Amaretto

6 fluid ounces fruit punch

Blend all ingredients together, pour over ice and garnish with orange slice and cherry.

Caribbean Breeze

1 fluid ounce bacardi spiced rum

1/4 fluid ounce de kuyper creme de banane

1/4 fluid ounce de kuyper apricot brandy

1 fluid ounce orange juice

1 fluid ounce pineapple juice

3/4 fluid ounce coconut cream

1/4 fluid ounce grenadine

Blend all ingredients together, pour over ice and garnish with pineapple slice.

Ultimate Suntan

1 fluid ounce rum

1/4 fluid ounce creme de banana

1/4 fluid ounce blackberry brandy

1 1/2 fluid ounces prepared sweet-and-sour mix

1 1/2 fluid ounces orange juice

grenadine, float

Blend all ingredients together, except the grenadine, pour over ice, float the grenadine over the top and garnish with orange slice.

Yellowbird

0.75 oz. Vodka

0.75 oz. Orange Juice

0.75 oz. Cream

0.5 oz. Galliano

0.75 oz. white creme de cacao

Instruction:

Add ingredients to a mixing glass filled with ice. Shake and strain into chilled glass.

I ALWAYS wonder who invents these drinks and if they are hiring new employees! :D;) Never thought of the "no ice" either. Thanks for that. Another similar tip is do not accept a drink from a waiter who has been walking around with them on his tray for a while. Not only is there ice in the drink (:eek::eek:) but it has probably MELTED too. Ask for a fresh one (with NO ICE lol)

Archived