New Cruiser with questions

pbacbell

We are going to Cozumel and Calica. Anybody have advice for activities both places that don't cost a lot? I was thinking about walking around the shops for the a.m., then spending the day at a beach somewhere. Does that sound reasonable?

Travelling with DH, DS 13 and DS 5.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

We are going to Cozumel and Calica. Anybody have advice for activities both places that don't cost a lot? I was thinking about walking around the shops for the a.m., then spending the day at a beach somewhere. Does that sound reasonable?

Travelling with DH, DS 13 and DS 5.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Our favourite activity in Cozumel is going to the beach; depending how much time you have in the port; I would head to the beach first and then if you have time you could see the shops around the Port area. This way you would be sure to be back on time for your departure.

Have a great cruise.

Kathy:)

We took our family to Paradise Beach in Coz in Dec. Admission is free as long as you buy food/drink. There are lounge chairs with/without table and umbrella. For $10 extra each, the kids can use the big water toys and kayak. There are waiverunners for rent for $55. There is also parasailing and massages. Wifi is free if you take you laptop or you can use their computers at the bar. The food and service was great. They have clean restrooms. Google "Paradise Beach Cozumel" for pics and details. Here's hoping you have a great cruise. Bon Voyage!

"Calica" seems to be Spanish for "gravel pit" - it's basically a hole scooped out of the coast and used to ship gravel most days. There isn't really anything to do right there, although the xCaret eco park is just north a mile or less. When we were there, we went to the Xel-Ha eco park, farther south but half the price. Photos on my web site...

The kids might enjoy staying on the ship just as much as anything, and it won't cost you much that way -- nothing unless your 13-year-old is really into video games (you will likely have to put a limit on this). Seriously. Think about maybe seing the shops next to the ship, but spending most of the time on the ship. Especially with a 5-year-old.

Most ships have trained youth conselors, full time, free (but do tip them). You can even leave one or both kids on the ship at the youth camp while you and DH go enjoy the port, like a large margarita in Cozumel (usually just a short walk of the ship at Carlos and Charlies, or Senior Frogs).

Which ship?

Thanks for your replies. I think we have decided to take the family to Paradise Beach for a good portion of the day. Is is reasonable to take the kids back to the ship, then go back to shop without them? We are on the Fantasy and have late night dining.

Thanks for your replies. I think we have decided to take the family to Paradise Beach for a good portion of the day. Is is reasonable to take the kids back to the ship, then go back to shop without them? We are on the Fantasy and have late night dining.

Yes, but Camp Carnival might close from, oh, 5:30pm to 8pm or so. You might have then pay for "babysitting". Check with your Camp Carnival councelors.

My family and I were in Cozumel and had a BLAST. We ended up taking a taxi ($10 total for the 3 of us) and went to Chankanaab park. You can snorkel, dive, swim with dolphins ect. There is a lot to do at this park and all very reasonable. Our daughter wanted to swim with the dolphins and Carnival was charging and arm and a leg, yet I found this place and it's the SAME place that Carnival uses for 1/2 the price since I booked it independantly. Just go to Google and look up Chankanaab park and the website is very useful.

Have fun!

Archived