Kids clubs on solstice

Cruisenewbie85

If you cruise when schools are all on break there will be friends for your daughter to meet.

Don't know what you mean about paying for games.

Many of the kids just meet at the pool on sea days to hang out. There will be counselors onboard that will provide different activities. We saw a younger group doing some kind of pirate activity. They were about 6 and 7.

When are you sailing? We'll be on a B2B 6/20 & 6/27 with a 9yr old daughter. Our last Celebrity cruise was the Panama Canal---and while there weren't a ton of kids, our daughter had a great time---I think it was her favorite cruise (& that's comparing to Disney & Princess). If you're sailing in the summer or typical school breaks there will be plenty of kids.

My daughter will be thrilled to know there is another 9 yr old girl (I'm sure there will be several) on the 6/20 sailing. Didn't you say on another thread that your daughter likes to dress up & go to nice restaurants---I think our girls will get along :). Zoe usually likes to check out the kids program during the first few sessions to get a chance to meet other kids early on; and has had a ton of fun on every cruise we've been on.

• 4 weeks later...

We all looked for Huddler. Where were you after the Martini Bar M&M? My GS (7 next week) went to kids club and loved it. There is an extra $110 charge for a VIP package which includes goodies (backpack, towel, etc.) plus a tour of the bridge (shore days only), a backstage tour, a special movie and covers the off-hour eating and after 10 slumber party. Well worth the lack of timing pressure. He stayed some days from 9am to 10 or so pm. Could not get him to leave. They were entertained and carefully watched. They were taken to the Hot Glass show and one drawing of theirs was picked to be made into a glass peice for the artistic and lucky child.

The next age group up seemed equally enthralled as they headed out for a scavenger hunt.

Over 600 kids on the trip and it did not appear so except for the pools. Love that Solarium!!!!! Any more questions...ask away.

There were lots of kids when we went. My DD (11) went the first night and met her "posse", and then rarely went back . But she made a friend who lives 15 minutes away from us!!!! My DS, who is 9, loved the kids club. By the end of the week he was allowed to check himself in and out. He is not a very social kid though, so he did not make tons of friends to hang out with. He likes to do things though . I did notice that a lot of the 9+ girls made friends easily and then did similar to what my daughter did, in that over time they spend less time in the kids club and more time just hanging out. The best things in that age group was the scavenger hunt, and the talent show at the end. Karaoke night was sorta fun and they also enjoyed bingo. pool olympics were ok.

Archived