Independence of the seas 2615 or 6531

Hi, just joined the forum today after several weeks studying it. I am completely new to cruising.

I had been trying to book a four berth inside stateroom but had missed out and only oceanveiws were available which were out of budget for me. 2615 became available so I booked it, then today 6531 has come up, I have a hold on it until tomorrow. The 2615 I have booked has an adjoing door in it which I understand from this site can have noise issues and that it may only have a chair instead of a sofa.

I wondered whether some kind person in the know might check out the two locations and advise me.

At present there will be myself and two teenagers 15 & 13 yrs with the possibility of a fourth guest.

Any advise would be very welcome regarding cabins and anything else, just so ridiculously excited.

thanks

I would MUCH rather be on deck 6 than on deck 2....less elevator dependance....the adj. door shouldn't be too much of an issue...I mean, how often will you really be using a sofa?????? (there may be a loveseat...)

Both cabins are insides, so they will be virtually identical, size-wise...and dark!

Both are for 4 passengers....

Bear in mind that (especially with inside cabins) you won't be spending tons of time in the cabin...you sleep there, and shower and change...an inside cabin is not where you'll want to be alot....the entire ship is at your disposal, and you'll fine lots of lovely, relaxing spaces to 'be'....

Either will serve the purpose.

Thanks so much for the quick response, good to know I haven't waited up late in vain.

I prefer the idea of deck six but just been reading article on cabin advice for newcomers, now worried that maybe I should keep 2615 as it is low and midship and 6531 is higher and forward. As none of us have cruised before don't know how we'll get on sickness wise (can't read in a car and dog sick crossing to orkney islands from scotland !)

Thank you again

Archived