Does anyone else get really nervous before the first cruise?

Gracious Rose

My 9 year old son is worried we will hit an iceberg.

In the Caribbean.

We won't be watching Titanic again until after the cruise...... :cool:

Have your son watch The Poseidon Adventure. That should stop him from worrying about icebergs.

Was not nervous. I was excited beyond belief. Couldn't wait.

The ship was big...just the way I wanted it.

This is going to be one of the best things that ever happened to you.

I don't notice it any more because I have come to expect it, but the one memory I have of our first cruise was after we disembarked, I couldn't believe how relaxed I was.

I like the sounds of this post. THank you, very much.

Patt

Oh my goodness was I nervous!! My parents took me on my first cruise for my 23rd birthday and I swear I came up with every possible bad scenario in the back of my head.

I have, however, made a tradition of not watching Titanic or any other bad-things-happen-while-characters-are-on-a-ship movies anytime I know that I'm going on a cruise in the near future. Yes, even though my next cruise isn't until October, I've already banned myself. lol I'm just a goofball though. :D

Patti,

Thanks for starting the thread. My husband and I are going on our first cruise with Carnival leaving out of Tampa, this Sunday and up until now I have been excited, which has all turned to a bundle of nerves.:eek:

• 2 weeks later...
Patti,

Thanks for starting the thread. My husband and I are going on our first cruise with Carnival leaving out of Tampa, this Sunday and up until now I have been excited, which has all turned to a bundle of nerves.:eek:

Hi Brenns Mom,

What are you most nervous about? I'm afraid that I'll get lost on the ship. It's so big. I'm afraid that I'll embarrass my husband, who is an angel. I don't want to say or do anything out of the ordinary. Other then that, I'm doing better as the time grows closer. I have three lists going that keeps me busy. I don't have time to worry as much any more. :) I'm planning on singing Karaoke and I'm a bit nervous about that. NEver done it before, but it sounds like great fun. Maybe everyone will be kind and not throw me overboard. :D Did I mention it's our 40th anniversary? We're both so excited, we're bouncing around the house. LOL Good luck with your upcoming cruise. Dying to hear about it.

We will be going on our first cruise in December. I'm nervous about leaving our kids for a week. I know they'll be fine, but it will be the first time for an extended period. I'm still looking forward to it, but I can't help but want to take them with us!

There is so much to be nervous about on your first cruise. But, that's a good thing and you really don't know what to expect. You will have such fond memories of your first cruise :)

I can tell you that after quite a few cruises, Radiance is at the top of our list as a great ship. It's lovely, not too big, not too small. Easy to get around, beautiful decor, lots of windows. We'd sail on her again any time.

You picked a wonderful ship for your introduction to cruising!

We will be going on our first cruise in December. I'm nervous about leaving our kids for a week. I know they'll be fine, but it will be the first time for an extended period. I'm still looking forward to it, but I can't help but want to take them with us!

Just call them from port every other day. They'll be thrilled and it'll make you feel 100% better. :) Have a wonderful cruise.

Archived