Dawn questions

Hobbitmomma

We are considering a 5 night cruise to the Western Caribbean between Christmas and New Years this year on the Dawn. We'd love some advice from you experienced cruisers. We have only cruised once before, on the Disney Wonder 4 years ago. We absolutely loved it, however, the cost of a Disney cruise at the holidays is prohibitive. We're planning on surprising our children who will be 10 and 12 at cruise time. First, will they have as much fun on the Dawn as they did on the Wonder? Also, we were looking at a mini suite. What's the difference between AF and AG? I couldn't find anything explaining the letter catagories. Any other pearls of wisdom that you can offer will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I can't address the kids club from a personal experience but there are many on here who have raved about it. As for the difference between AF and AG the only difference is location,

Have a great cruise! :D

Sorry to say the kids probably will not have as much fun as they did on the Wonder. Disney is in a world all their own when it comes to kids programs but as you know you pay for it..We did the Wonder last year with the grand children...fantastic.

You are looking at a short cruise with two stops so I think the kids will be pretty busy.. I know of people who have used the kids club for younger children and loved it...There is a youth program.

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=FreestyleFamilyFun

sorry I cant be more help...

Like Mr Lee said the difference between the AG and the AE is location, location, location..

We are considering a 5 night cruise to the Western Caribbean between Christmas and New Years this year on the Dawn. We'd love some advice from you experienced cruisers. We have only cruised once before, on the Disney Wonder 4 years ago. We absolutely loved it, however, the cost of a Disney cruise at the holidays is prohibitive. We're planning on surprising our children who will be 10 and 12 at cruise time. First, will they have as much fun on the Dawn as they did on the Wonder? Also, we were looking at a mini suite. What's the difference between AF and AG? I couldn't find anything explaining the letter catagories. Any other pearls of wisdom that you can offer will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

As you can see from my signature, we have been on a Disney Cruise and NCL with the kids. We had a bad experience with Disney. Whenever I say that no one can believe it but it is true. The kids absolutely loved the Dawn. They were 6, 8 and 10 at the time and had a total blast. We stayed in connecting balconies which gave us lots of room. My daughter celebrated her birthday and the wait staff was awesome with her. It was a Christmas cruise too and even Santa gave presents to all of the kids which was a great touch. We are sailing on the Epic this Christmas. Have you checked out that ship. I'm sure the kids would absolutely love it. But, the Dawn is awesome too! Good luck with your decision.

We did the Dawn last year with my daughter who was 10 at the time and she says it was her best cruise ever. The kids' program is great and one of the things she liked was going to the shows in the evening with the other kids- for some reason this is much more fun than going with her parents!

I can't compare to Disney but she prefers NCL's program for kids to RCI's.

Barb

Archived