Dining with kids on solstice

Cruisenewbie85

Ok....figured I'd ask. My wife and I have a 9 year old daughter, very mature. We take her to nice restaurants all the time. She loves to get dressed up. With that said, what will be our options this June on Solstice when it comes to planning family dinners? Can we take her to any of the specialty restuarants or will it be "Baby Sitter City" for that night? What about the other restaurants that are non-specialty?

And while we're talking, what's the "kids at the pool" situation? Besides the adults only indoor pool, is she welcome at the rest of them? Also, on rainy days, can kids use the inside pool.

The "newbie" thanks all of you in advance for your insight!

:)

Ok....figured I'd ask. My wife and I have a 9 year old daughter, very mature. We take her to nice restaurants all the time. She loves to get dressed up. With that said, what will be our options this June on Solstice when it comes to planning family dinners? Can we take her to any of the specialty restuarants or will it be "Baby Sitter City" for that night? What about the other restaurants that are non-specialty?

And while we're talking, what's the "kids at the pool" situation? Besides the adults only indoor pool, is she welcome at the rest of them? Also, on rainy days, can kids use the inside pool.

The "newbie" thanks all of you in advance for your insight!

:)

I think that you should check it out when you get on board. To some extent, I suspect that it is sometimes a matter of how busy the ship is. I believe that there are also exceptions for Aqua Class and the particular restaurants in general.

I hope that you get to bring her. My kids are much older now, so it's not an issue, but we have always taken them to nice restaurants, at home and abroad. When my youngest was still under 12, there didn't seem to be as much buzz about the specialty restaurants. I would have been really disappointed had we not been able to take them and they not be able to enjoy the same dining experience - them, too!

Good luck and have a great trip.

Recently returned from Solstice and there was a couple who insisted they bring their 8 year old to Muranos and they were told the minimum age is 13, with no exceptions. It was explained that they had the rule for a reason, and if they made an exception for one, they'd have to make it for all, and that they wanted Muranos and Tuscan Grill to be an adult experience. So, they left it at that, and the family with the child did not come to the restaurant, at least when we were there. I can understand the reason for the rule and why they want some parts of the ship to be for adults, and I applaud Celebrity for sticking to their guns and not capitulating. If there is a rule, it's a rule and everyone must abide, as there are rules in all walks of life.

As for the adults only pool, it IS adults only, rain or shine.

"Guests dining in Celebrity's Specialty Restaurants must be at least 12 years old, with the exception of Silk Harvest Restaurant and Tuscan Grille where children of any age will be accommodated."

"During inclement weather and select hours, the ship may permit the Solarium Pool (if covered) to be used by persons under age sixteen (16) provided they are directly supervised by a parent or guardian."

We have been on a cooler weather itinerary on Solstice with our 14YO DD. The ship did have some scheduled times when children were allowed in the covered pool.

I'm certain your entire family will have a wonderful time.

When we were on Equinox last August there was no restriction whatsoever in using the indoor pool, no signs, nothing. I wonder if that is because it was a summer cruise with lots of children on board. That said, not many used it as they was so much more going on outside

I see Onessa has it covered----Silk Harvest & Tuscan Grille do allow children under 12. When are you sailing? We're doing a B2B (6/20 & 27) with our 9 yr old daughter (who also goes to nice restaurants all the time---and is well behaved. I know most parents say that--really she is :); and we DON"T/haven't take her to the adult only areas on any cruise we've been on)

Why not schedule your specialty dinner for a time she is at the childrens program and consider it "date night." Our daughter has traveled extensively with us, but depending on the group she met on cruises sometimes she preferred to be at the kids stuff rather than a long dinner. :)

Archived