Did NCL charge you for your CC meeting?

Carolyn1950

I recieved this today from the lady I was working with to set up a CC meeting. Have the rest of you paid for your meetings? I am a bit confused, why would we want to pay for coffee and danish when it is free all over the ship?:confused:

Hi Carolyn

We could provide Coffee & Danish & Tea for $ 4.03pp

please advised.

Don't order it . Keep in mind there is no formal NCL CC meetings. The Hotel Director onboard will decide if they will provide anything. We had a full continental breakfast on the Dawn one time , nothing on another trip. On the Sun a meeting room with no refreshments.

The purpose of the meeting is to have a spot where you can put name to face.

I usually try and book a bar area that is closed in the am. Far better then some off the path meeting room.

I recieved this today from the lady I was working with to set up a CC meeting. Have the rest of you paid for your meetings? I am a bit confused, why would we want to pay for coffee and danish when it is free all over the ship?:confused:

Hi Carolyn

We could provide Coffee & Danish & Tea for $ 4.03pp

please advised.

we just asked for an authorized space and they set out a gorgeous spread of danish, and 'coffee and.....'

many officers attended. Don't pay for anything!

Denise

Who did you "talk" to? I have been dealing with a Christina and she hasn't said anything to me about a charge....

Also, I dont know what ship you'll be on, but on the Spirit, the 2nd Safety Drill is at 10am on Saturday so that wont be good for you if you're on the 9 day Spirit...

I've set up two meetings with Yonaiky Trujillo [ YTrujillo@ncl.com ], who referred the arrangements on both occasions to Claudia Reyes [ CLReyes@ncl.com ]. On the first one, I was not aware they would set up any refreshments, and because the meeting had a "loose" time as far as our group was concerned, the staff and goodies were gone by the time we arrived at the meeting room located near Spinnakers, an hour or so after departure. They also set up a meeting with refreshment for us the next morning, but unfortunately, no one told me/us.

On our most recent cruise, everything went great, and refresements were provided at no charge. We had over 20 attend, about half our group, as most of the others had planned to come, but some of them were feeling the results of a rough night at sea.

Claudia may be the Dawn's coordinator, so I would start with Yonaiky.

Good Luck!

OH MY! :eek: Now, I am really hoping that was a mistake. When we were given our room for cc meeting, I was stunned by the wonderful spread with fresh flowers on the Dawn. There must be some misunderstanding.

CC members will never consider attending a meeting if there is a charge, I am certain of that! Many really intend on showing up and end up forgetting or deciding to take in a game of Bingo instead at the last minute.

Please keep us posted and I am sure that this person you were dealing with was wrong. That just sounds so oout of character, at least as far as NCL Dawn is concerned. They were most generous beyond expectations.

Hmmm....:rolleyes:

Maybe they realized the CC meetings are just one more opportunity to "nickel and dime"? Not knowing this for sure I will investigate this issue when we have our CC meeting on Monday the 31st. The Cruise Critic Message boards are a huge vehicle of free advertisment and Public Relations. I would think they would be as gracious as possible in light of that. We shall see. :rolleyes:

I emailed Ms. Trujillo this morning asking if she can give me some direction in this matter since she is familar with cc meetings. If I am not mistaken Ms. Trujillo is the one that forwarded my original email to Ms. Perez. But perhaps she can explain to Perez what we are trying to do.. Anyway, I will keep you updated to what developes..lol

If worse comes to worse, we will meet in the Big Apple cafe. After I check the schedule for the lifeboat drill.

I arranged the mtg for our NCL this past summer. They had cookies and coffee which we did not request. It was just an added touch they provided and at no cost. I would continue to question this with whomever you are working with.

Good luck!

Here is the latest from Ms Trujillo, she is the one that put me in contac with Ms Perez.. I didn't request any amenties.. But I will get back to Ms Perez and get a meeting place nailed down.

Dear Carolyn,

Please be advised that we do not charge for meeting rooms however we do charge for any amenities that are requested to be served during the meeting hour. The $4.03 is a charge for coffee, tea and danishes. This fee is charged per person per hour. If you are not interested in having any amenities served during the meeting then there is no charge.

Just provide us with a date and time frame and we will inform the ship so they can confirm a location. This will be an informal meeting/gathering. Please advise me if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Yonaiky

Here is the latest from Ms Trujillo, she is the one that put me in contac with Ms Perez.. I didn't request any amenties.. But I will get back to Ms Perez and get a meeting place nailed down.

Dear Carolyn,

Please be advised that we do not charge for meeting rooms however we do charge for any amenities that are requested to be served during the meeting hour. The $4.03 is a charge for coffee, tea and danishes. This fee is charged per person per hour. If you are not interested in having any amenities served during the meeting then there is no charge.

Just provide us with a date and time frame and we will inform the ship so they can confirm a location. This will be an informal meeting/gathering. Please advise me if you need further assistance.

Regards,Yonaiky

Wow! :eek:

I think your all better off finding your won place to meet. Sounds to me like you may end up in one of those "meeting rooms"....would be much better in a lounge or bar.

Wow! :eek:

I think your all better off finding your won place to meet. Sounds to me like you may end up in one of those "meeting rooms"....would be much better in a lounge or bar.

It is all up to the meeting organizer and the group. Like anything the more direct you are with a request the more likely you will get what you want. On the Dawn I have asked for and gotten the Star Bar in the Morning. Never requested anything else. It is then up to the onboard management team to decide if they want to do anything special like show up or provide snacks. Sometimes they do sometimes they don't.

If you are unsure of the what where and when for the meeting it will be impossible to meet your expectations.

I got the 'what' and the 'when'.. The when is 10:00 am sunday morning.. Now I just need the 'where'.. I keep coming back to the Big Apple cafe.. Lovely view and I think by 10am the majority of breakfast eaters are finished and the lunch eaters haven't started yet..

I got the 'what' and the 'when'.. The when is 10:00 am sunday morning.. Now I just need the 'where'.. I keep coming back to the Big Apple cafe.. Lovely view and I think by 10am the majority of breakfast eaters are finished and the lunch eaters haven't started yet..

I would stay out of a public area that is open if you expect the crew to particapate. If all you want to do is pick a time to meet in the cafe you don't need NCL to do a thing.

We are getting together after sail away for those that want to stop by in the Star Bar for a cocktail. No NCL help. We have the Star Bar booked for 10 am when it is closed for the CC get together.

Dear Carolyn,

Regards,

Yonaiky

I am amazed :eek: and I still think this person you are dealing with does not know what she is talking about! :mad: At the very least, this person should be honest with you and say that this is a new policy because there was NONE of that when we had our meeting and we did not expect anything. Is this the Dawn you are talking about? Unless they had a major staff philosophy shift, there has got to be some misunderstanding. Is this person you were dealing with like the credit card people who can't problem solve or take any initiative for abstract thinking??? You know, the ones that read answers to your questions off a screen and you can't get any sense until you go over their heads??? Maybe this person does not understand what you are asking.

I'm telling you, I did not expect anything for our meeting and I was humbled at how beautiful the set-up was when a few pitchers of water would have sufficed for me. The crew members and officers who stopped by were really great. Did they have a staff turnover maybe? Have Klaus and the other officers moved to a new ship? They were too classy and service oriented for that!!!!There is just no way this same group of people could have taken such a turnaround to the ridiculous charge of $4.00 per person on a ship full of food. :confused: I mean, just offer a corner nearby the buffet or any of the free flowing food options if that is the case!

Maybe I am still in denial, but I'll be watching this thread because all I can think is "Say it isn't so!!!"

Oops, sorry! I could not see your signature while I was posting before and I can see that you will be sailing on the Sea. Maybe they have different standards than the Dawn. That is a shame, because the great treatment we enjoyed as CC members on the Dawn absolutely made our trip for hubby, myself, and my parents. It is a shame to think NCL would have different standards for smaller, older ships.

Hope you enjoy the Sea and be sure to check out the specialty resturant. SO worth the cover charge. Happy sailing!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sailed the Sea last Sept and loved every second.. Of course it was my first cruise.. But I totally loved it.. The crew was so nice and helpful, I thought the food was good, and I loved trying the cold soups.. I see some who were unhappy with her but my experience was wonderful..

Well, loved every second except the hurricane..lol But hey, 5 or 6 free rum punches and the hurricane wasn't bad..lol

Carolyn,

You have the right attitude. I don't really understand this, but it is time to move on and enjoy your cruise!

I also loved the Sea. We sailed her when they JUST switched over to freestyle. The food service personnel were really working overtime to adjust then. I love the Sea's beautiful wood decks that you can relax on and watch the wake behind the ship.

ONe plus with the Sea is she is small and intimate, so you get to know cruisers and crew. They had this small stage and I was amazed at how the performers were doing these leaps and lifts in what appeared to me to be low ceilings and a small stage area. Of course, it was rough seas on top of that!

So, safe sailing to you!

Archived