Everything Serenade of the Seas

Hello all!

I am sailing on the SOS in June and am wondering what is the absolute earliest that I can get off the ship? Also, how far is the airport from the cruise terminal? I am trying to book my air tickets and they are pretty reasonable today..but the returning flight is at 8:55 a.m....not sure I want to chance it.

Get a later flight. The chances of you making an 8:55am flight the day the cruise ends is slim to none. If that is the only flight you can get, consider getting a hotel and taking the same flight the next day.

Hello all!

I am sailing on the SOS in June and am wondering what is the absolute earliest that I can get off the ship? Also, how far is the airport from the cruise terminal? I am trying to book my air tickets and they are pretty reasonable today..but the returning flight is at 8:55 a.m....not sure I want to chance it.

I would have to agree with everyone else. We just got off the Serenade on Saturday and we didn't even clear customs until around 8:05 a.m. I do not see how it would be humanly possible for you to make an 8:55 a.m. flight.

• 1 month later...

Just off the Serenade B2B and thought I would post some updates on our favourite ship:

Captain - Michel Claveau

Cruise Director - Marc Walker althoug he was filling in for the vacationing Dennis Charles and will be returning to the Monarch when Dennis returns

Muster Drill is at 8 pm as you sail away - without life jackets!

The Concierge Club closes at 7:30pm the first night to accommodate the drill.

Concierge - Francois Roux - as many D+ are on these sailings the evening cocktails are held in the Hollywood Odyssey and the D Nightly Event is held in the Vortex.

Entertainment - Production Shows are Stage to Screen and Vibeology.

A few evenings during the week they have the singers doing "Spotlights" in either the Centrum or Safari Club - one night was a Summer Breeze theme with summer time ballads, and another was called Jazz festival. These were excellent. The balance of the entertainment schedule was mixed for the 2 weeks, with a variety of comedians, singers, etc.

Champagne Brunch is offered on the last sea day, for $30 per person you can do a galley tour, and then have a phenomenal brunch in Chops afterwards.

Make A Wish walks are held the last sea day also, T-shirts are sold and the walk is led by the Captain and Cruise Director. Some time around 10am if I recall correctly.

The NEW coupon books were available on Day 1 of our first leg (Jan 22nd) so no time was wasted getting those out to people.

For Consecutive Cruisers, the Get together was 12:30 on the Friday sea day. At that time, you are elligible to book either Chops or Portofinos at the 2 for 1 offer. Also, 30% off all spa and salon services booked at the get together for any time during the upcoming week. Explorations staff are also there to offer the shore excursions for the 2nd week, if you haven't already booked on line. A luncheon is offered in the MDR for turnaround day at 11:30 if you choose to stay onboard. You do not have to get off the ship. If you do choose to leave, you need to leave before 9:30am with your old card, and return not before 11:30am with your new card. New cards for the second week are available from the International Ambassadors desk at 8AM on turnaround day. You do not need to do a new photo or Seapass as all info is transferrred over automatically.

All in all another superb experience on board the Serenade.

Anyone off the Serenade recently remember the names of the bar tenders in Schooners. We loved the guys there 2 yrs ago and hoping they may still be there when we sail in 2 weeks. We gave one of them a deck of marked cards. He LOVED them and was doing tricks for everyone by the end of the week :-)

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

We enjoy forward cabins, we arelooking at deluxe balcony cabins, E2, 1010, 1012 etc and noticing on several upcoming sailings and notice that no one seems to be booking these cabins. Our first time on SOS and wondering if these are not desirable cabins. Thank you in advance for your help.

• 8 months later...

Archived