Book Question...

luv2cruise450

Hi...We have done a Caribbean sailing on the Magic once before and on a 7 day sailing...it didn't seem to matter that much. But we are doing the April 10th transatlantic sailing and on a longer voyage like this...I usually bring several books and then when I've finished reading them...will go and 'swap' them out in the ship's library where there is usually an area noted as such (where pax can 'swap' books that they are done with and pick up another book that they would like to read). Since the Magic doesn't have a library per se....is there such an area set up for book swaps?

We have previously done 4 transatlantics...with HAL. Celebrity and Oceania and in their libraries there are always an area or several shelves put aside for passenger 'book swaps'. Since a transatlantic sailing has so many sea days...I can easily go thru several books and would prefer not to have to carry too many books.

Thanks for any information on this matter....

Happy sailings!

Betty

Sorry. No kind of formal book swap on the boat. I'd suggest trying to get together with someone on a meet thread who may be interested in sharing books. That's probably your best bet.

Either that or read the magazines in the Cove Cafe 20 times.

• 1 month later...
Get a Kindle and leave the books home. Try one, you'll love it.;)

Are the Kindles pretty reliable on cruises? How do they work, Internet involved? I'm so excited about this possibility b/c I'm going to be on a cruise when my favorite book series is releasing a new book (Sizzling Sixteen-Janet Evanovich) June 22nd and that happens to be a sea day:confused::confused: Thanks for any info.

Archived