2011 deployment schedule??? (merged)

kath00

I am checking the RCCL website 10x a day, waiting for the Alaska 2011 itiniaries to come out. Are there any updates that someone can share with me so I can stop obsessing? Thanks! Katherine

So am I. We put a deposit down on an Alaska 2011 cruise when we did our Thanksgiving Mexico cruise in 2009 (yes we plan that far in advance!).....but we they didn't have dates, so they put us on a Sept 2010 cruise. Now I'm waiting and waiting and waiting so I can change it to 2011. I just hope they get the dates published before my final payment is due on a cruise I'm not scheduled for:rolleyes:

We'll be on the Rhapsody doing the Sydney-Honolulu cruise. It is a Sea day. I'll be at the Loyalty Ambassador early to see what the options are. No doubt they will make an announcement about the opening of bookings.

Is the Royal Caribbean site still free in the Internet Cafe??:confused:

Yes, the RCI site is still free.

Hmmmm, very interesting. When we were leaving Galveston we saw all the dredging going on. Maybe some truth to this! Although, we heard it was Liberty of the Seas LOL

Galveston along with entire Gulf Coast will be posturing

for the future opportunities that will come available

when the Panama Canal project of widening and deepening is completed

for bigger ships.

The port in Galveston will be ready.

With an election coming up in Galveston this posturing is a big platform

matter. New intrastructure, marketing of Galveston and new worldwide relationships.

The Panama canal project is a definite plus for Galveston cruise business also and along with the new and broader import/export business.

We went to the internet cafe every day and logged on to the free RCCL website last week while we were on the Mariner (the schedule for Alaska was due out last week). No schedule, no reservation.... SIGH.

Katherine

We were on the same cruise as Cindy and heard the same information from several crew. Supposedly Voyager is going to San Juan in spring 2011 and Freedom will come to Galveston in fall 2011. We also heard this from someone who is friends with a Port Authority person in Galveston. They are dredging the channel to "make room." Should find out next week.

If Voyager is going to San Juan, then where is Adventure going? I hope the Voyager is not going to San Juan to replace the Serenade :(

I am checking the RCCL website 10x a day, waiting for the Alaska 2011 itiniaries to come out. Are there any updates that someone can share with me so I can stop obsessing? Thanks! Katherine

Alaska will be deployed from April 15, 2010 ;).

I hope the two Radiance-class-ships will sail there.

Regards

Is Barcelona going to be year round or just for the spring/summer/fall?

It looks like, from the RCI website, that Adventure will do the Eastbound TA on May 2, 2010 to Barcelona. She will do a Westbound TA back to San Juan on November 28, 2010. From the end of November 2010 to the end of April 2011 the ship will be sailing itineraries in the Caribbean.

Then May 1, 2011 another Eastbound TA over to Barcelona and then returning to San Juan on November 7, 2011.

The Voyager sailing from Venice in the summer of 2011 will be open for booking Mid April :D

I asked about it on Adam Goldstein's Why not Blog and that was what he said ..."should be mid april".

I wont be booking it at all. The new itinerary sucks and i was tired of them trying to get it together. If they would have left it alone regardless of the ship i would have done a B2B. So i went to HAL 12 night out of Venice that will do just fine. Larry

Alaska will be deployed from April 15, 2010 ;).

I hope the two Radiance-class-ships will sail there.

Regards

Which two Radiance class ships are you hoping to see there? Jewel will be in Europe and Brilliance seems to be permanently based overseas, so that leaves only Radiance and Serenade as possibilities and there has been plenty of speculation that one or both might be sailing other itineraries in 2011. I think the best you can hope for is that Radiance will return from Australia to sail Alaska and that a Vision class ship will be a second RCI ship in Alaska.:)

Which two Radiance class ships are you hoping to see there? Jewel will be in Europe and Brilliance seems to be permanently based overseas, so that leaves only Radiance and Serenade as possibilities and there has been plenty of speculation that one or both might be sailing other itineraries in 2011. I think the best you can hope for is that Radiance will return from Australia to sail Alaska and that a Vision class ship will be a second RCI ship in Alaska.:)

Bill, since Radiance is not going over to Australia until September of 2011, she could do the 2011 Alaska season before her repo cruise.

Bill, since Radiance is not going over to Australia until September of 2011, she could do the 2011 Alaska season before her repo cruise.

Thanks for catching that Patti. I must have gotten confused by the dates of the various redeployments and thought it was going there earlier. Another reason to hope that they will release the rest of the deployments on schedule.:) I guess the real question is whether or not RCI will again deploy a second ship in Alaska and, if so, which ship. We are doing our best to demonstrate to RCI that demand for Alaska is still strong by bringing fifteen of our closest friends with us when we sail there in June. Hope it helps.;)

It looks like, from the RCI website, that Adventure will do the Eastbound TA on May 2, 2010 to Barcelona. She will do a Westbound TA back to San Juan on November 28, 2010. From the end of November 2010 to the end of April 2011 the ship will be sailing itineraries in the Caribbean.

Then May 1, 2011 another Eastbound TA over to Barcelona and then returning to San Juan on November 7, 2011.

That makes sense.

Archived