Pirates arrested!

Calker

Idiots tried to attack a US Navy ship in the middle of the night. Why are they still alive? Now it is just going to cost the American tax payers millions to feed, house and prosecute the morans. Of course because the are just poor misunderstood little african children we will have to pay for their defense lawyers as will.:mad:

I don't understand the whole pirate thing. On a show I was watching the other day it was showing these "pirates" going out in little wooden row boats that have engines on the back. My thought was, "Why don't we just run them over?" What are they going to do?...sue us?...Yeah right.

The show was also talking about targeted ships now hiring security companies and how this could cause more violence, but once again my main thought was, "How hard is it to get rid of a bunch of ruffians in wooden boats?" Also, don't these ships have the right to protect themselves and their cargo with out being accosted by the media. Come on all, bring them down and lets get back to business.

:):):)

I don't understand the whole pirate thing. On a show I was watching the other day it was showing these "pirates" going out in little wooden row boats that have engines on the back. My thought was, "Why don't we just run them over?" What are they going to do?...sue us?...Yeah right.

The show was also talking about targeted ships now hiring security companies and how this could cause more violence, but once again my main thought was, "How hard is it to get rid of a bunch of ruffians in wooden boats?" Also, don't these ships have the right to protect themselves and their cargo with out being accosted by the media. Come on all, bring them down and lets get back to business.

:):):)

I've wondered the same thing. I can't imagine how 4 guys with machetes can make it close enough to a freighter without an opportunity to blow them away presenting itself. You would think it would only have to happen a few times before word got around that the big ships were on to them.

I've wondered the same thing. I can't imagine how 4 guys with machetes can make it close enough to a freighter without an opportunity to blow them away presenting itself.

They were probably selling trinkets or sandwiches. :confused:

Who are The Morans? I went to school with a Cathy Moran....I wonder if they're related.....

I think they may be people who do not know the rules of the message boards they are posting on...:p:rolleyes:

I've wondered the same thing. I can't imagine how 4 guys with machetes can make it close enough to a freighter without an opportunity to blow them away presenting itself. You would think it would only have to happen a few times before word got around that the big ships were on to them.
Although I mostly agree with the sentiment, it's not quite that easy to do this in real life. It's hard enough to hit somebody from a distance when they're still. A pitching rowboat doesn't exactly present itself as a nice easy static target.

There's probably an opportunity to do something when the pirates are climbing on board the freighter. That's when the flamethrowers would be most handy

:)

- Steve

Have always thought they should be caught and tried quickly and than executed. Best way to end this get rich quick scheme.

Actually I think that would do more harm than good.

First, you've got to realize that anyone stupid enough to go out on the ocean in a very small boat and attack a much larger boat is not thinking right.

Second, these pirates are very poor and they do not value life as we do, so if you start killing them what makes you think they won't start killing hostages to prove that they mean business?

Third, hundreds of years ago when pirating on the ocean was a common, pirates expected to be killed if they were caught. It didn't stop them then, it won't stop them now.

I'm surprised that no big world wide security company hasn't jumped on supplying 24hr securty to these shipping companies.

I'm surprised that no big world wide security company hasn't jumped on supplying 24hr securty to these shipping companies.

I don't think they are allowed to be armed. It's nonsensical.

Idiots tried to attack a US Navy ship in the middle of the night. Why are they still alive? Now it is just going to cost the American tax payers millions to feed, house and prosecute the morans. Of course because the are just poor misunderstood little african children we will have to pay for their defense lawyers as will.:mad:

Morans? At least have the decency to capitalize "African". They're alive because the USN did not authorize killing them, but did authorize sinking their boats. Which is what happened. How do you know it will cost "millions", and how do you know that the USN will not gain important information by interrogating them?

Better yet, caught and executed...forget the trial...:rolleyes:

Will YOU be the executioner? Where will you do this? How will you accomplish this? Would the US allow this to happen within its borders? Do you think Somalia will allow you - personally - to do this? Please explain.

I know on the face of it this sounds like a good idea to many, but we are a nation of laws, so we don't mete out justice in this manner. Why the "poor misunderstood little african children" comment was made is beyond me.

Sorry that they are poor and they think this is a way to make a lot of money but no excuse to break the law.

The way to stop it is if these pirates do not come back from their little adventures.

That they are black or white does not matter. What does matter is they are criminals and to me this punishments fits the crime.

I know on the face of it this sounds like a good idea to many, but we are a nation of laws, so we don't mete out justice in this manner. Why the "poor misunderstood little african children" comment was made is beyond me.

It's not beyond me to understand that last statement. You can't get around that mentality even in 2010. The nationality should not have been mentioned. I believe that there are criminals of all nationalities. Sad.:cool:

Maybe a new thread posing the question of "Why" someone would want to do this is in order. That would get people thinking. "Why would someone want to become a Pirate?" or "Why would someone want to run Pirates over?"

Archived