Port or Starboard?

We'll be sailiing Allure in December on the Western Carribbean route with stops at Labadee, Costa Maya and Cozumel. Can anyone tell me which side of the ship would have a better view while docked at those ports? For us, better means a nice view of the port of call. Since we have a balcony cabin, we can view the ocean any time we'd like and like to see where we're docked. That gives us something "new" to look at while we're using our cabin and gives a nice view while sailing away.

Currently we're booked in 10200, a port side D1, but we can easily change to a starboard cabin this early out.

Thanks!

We'll be sailiing Allure in December on the Western Carribbean route with stops at Labadee, Costa Maya and Cozumel. Can anyone tell me which side of the ship would have a better view while docked at those ports? For us, better means a nice view of the port of call. Since we have a balcony cabin, we can view the ocean any time we'd like and like to see where we're docked. That gives us something "new" to look at while we're using our cabin and gives a nice view while sailing away.

Currently we're booked in 10200, a port side D1, but we can easily change to a starboard cabin this early out.

Thanks!

Assuming the Allure will be the same as Oasis it will always dock with the starboard side facing the pier.

We will be sailing in June on the Oasis and it wil be the first time we have a port side balcony all other sailings have been the starboard side. So as you can see, I can't really compare, but I can tell you that we did have a good time people watching on the starboard side. It was fun watching the last minute running of the people to the ship.

From what I can gather, the better (to us, anyway) views while in port will be from the starboard side, so I switched us to the other side of the ship. We love looking at the ocean from our balcony, but it's also nice to be able to see the port of call as we pull in (if we're up that early) and while we're leaving, in addition to watching the activities ashore. I don't think that we have ever cruised on the starboard side before, so this will be new for us! Hopefully we won't get too lost and turned around.:eek:

Archived